ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
forgot to mention i was having problems with the plow fitting properly. It sat way to low and would hit on everything it went over. Well i decided to do a little trimming of the coupler buffer thing-a-majig. Made the plow mounts higher up and test fit. Now it sits perfectly. As you can see with the 158 coupler installed there are no problems, no rubbing or hitting at all.
I'm adding to this WPF the engines that I have custom painted last. I just got done with #406 an Athearn GP35 and the other is the gray P2K SD45 #8905.
First shots of the Como Church and Rectory that I am doing for a client in O scale. The church windows are pieced together from two different Grant Line castings and several pieces of Evergreen strip stock.
Dang, missed this week's WPF and I don't want to slight anyone by not mentioning them. Lots of really nice work this week. Always gives me inspiration to clean up parts of my payout and learn how to take decent pictures.
Just snip it. I had a few that would hit crossings and cross rails on turnouts. A few I just clipped off totally since I don't use magnetic uncouplers. The others were just trimed
The one pic you posted showed the hose way below the plow.
Just snip it. I had a few that would hit crossings and cross rails on turnouts. A few I just clipped off totally since I don't use magnetic uncouplers. The others were just trimed
The one pic you posted showed the hose way below the plow.
I've had instances where the coupler pin would occasionally snag in a rail joint on a curve where there's a grade change. This usually occurred on the longer 6 axle locos. Trimming a little off the end of the pin helped a lot.
An even better solution it to convert back to LINK and PIN couplers, those Janey couplers are way too expermental to be trusted here in 1899. And yes I do use link and pins on most of my freight equipment, the are actually fairly easy to use in O scale and mean that you can uncouple anywhere not just over some magnet.
Last night before bed, I went rumaging through the old parts box and ran across this. I thought of Jeff and how he likes his strang equipment and remembering his Road Colors.........Just thought U might enjoy this one jeff!
I painted this model some 15 years ago and never finished it. it never got it's clear coat so over the years the paint naturally weathered it's self.