ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I'll throw in one here at the last minute on Sunday evening from the Hudson Highlands Railroad. An HHRR RS1 rumbles through the outskirts of Putney, NY, with a short consist on a crisp autumn afternoon in 1941.
NYW&B
The Atlas cab didn't take too well to being stripped with alcohol. It became brittle and started breaking up like an egg shell. You can see it in one the photos I'm including. All is not lost however. I found another GE cab. It's a junk part from an old Bachmann trainset loco I picked up at a yard sale years ago. It doesn't look as nice as the Atlas GE cab but it doesn't jump out and smack you between the eyes like the EMD does. There's still more to do but that's all I'm doing today.
Jeff that's awesome...
if you look at is jsut right it almost looks like a tunnel motor...
I do like the overall effect, I'll have to try that sometimes...
You're welcome to try. I'm always making stuff like this. If anybody tells me they have the same loco I have I can quite honest tell them that they don't. Many of mine are unique.
That's a really great shot, John!
-Crandell
Gary,
My bad, I must have not looked hard enough. Thanks for the help. I like them Atlas engines!
hea jeffrey you shuld enter the mrr loco bashing contest with that one
There IS such a contest???
*perks up*
After a quick strip and a repaint here's the GE withn the reworked cab.
My 2 new to me Corn Syrup cars from Josh aka trucklover
my new shooting diorama needs a little more work but should work well for photos if i get some nice weather this week sorry no in progress photos
There IS such a contest???
*perks up*
yea its on the mrr home page
hea jeffrey you shuld enter the mrr loco bashing contest with that one
There IS such a contest???
*perks up*
yea its on the mrr home page
Only problem here? Its a prototype contest and requires photos of the prototype unit you're modeling.
Only problem here? Its a prototype contest and requires photos of the prototype unit you're modeling.
Yea i had to re-read the article. I wanted to submit the model im working on but then realized i wont win since the model doesn't exist in real life. But I may just submit it anyway just for fun.
What I am semi-officially calling the U30M-R-EM645 is about as finished as I can get it. I've painted the air lines at both ends, installed a firecracker antenna and added a set of four scratch-built air tanks on top of the long hood between the radiator fans and the dynamic brake housing. I also replaced the visors.
Jeff, all that monster needs now is a cannon mounted on it! or at least a .50cal!
Jeff, all that monster needs now is a cannon mounted on it! or at least a .50cal!
Dont give him any ideas!!!!


You saying I should make a Baldwin eliminator?
I'm still pulling stuff out of their hiding places.
Today I resuscetated this old Athearn switcher that I kit bashed over 25 years ago. So old in fact the Athearn drive doesn't even have flywheels. After a wash and quick lube and wheel cleaning she runs smooth as silk and quiet. She wears the old herald I used that remarkably looks just like the Lehigh Valley one.
Freight house manager Mordecai LaFong takes a break as the local RDC-1 rattles on by.
Lastly a clearer picture of the Alco brass NE5 I painted a few weeks ago. Getting a little better with the digital camera. Well sort of anyway.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)