ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Incrediblely good...excellent eye and application, LOS. Wow!!!
I will first post a protorail shot that I took last December. It shows the Dayliner that operates between Victoria and Courtenay on Vancouver Island. This is a seven-days-a-week operation on the original right of way of the Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway.
Jeffrey, very nice switcher.
hb, nice shot, I spent the day at Strasburg over Easter weekend, fabulous place.
lo, outstanding modeling.
Crandell, beautiful photo.
Switching a couple of TOFC's into an East Bound through freight. DJ.
The locomotive is an Athrean RTR. An EMd F59PHI #453 with Amtrak West Paint Scheme. And also I know the engine you have im getting that one next month. That the Amtrak California scheme you have. Its not protypical for your Denver Union Station tho due to California trains never leave California. I have two Dash 8-32BWH's in california scheme
The locomotive is an Athrean RTR. An EMd F59PHI #453 with Amtrak West Paint Scheme. And also I know the engine you have im getting that one next month. That the Amtrak California scheme you have. Its not protypical for your Denver Union Station tho due to California trains never leave California. I have two Dash 8-32BWH's in california scheme
Yes the California Zypher. But my philosphay(if I spelled it right) its your corridor so run what you want to run. But protypical Amtrak west is the Zypher and Coast Starlight. They use the EMD F59PHI and they also use Dash 8-32BWH's and P42DC's. Thanks for the compliment tho on my engine.
Right now I don't have a home layout, so I only get to run them at the club. When you get a chance post some pictures of your train.
It's an Atlas Trainman car with cutlevers and coupler pocket extensions added. It started as a 3 rail car but I swapped out the trucks and added Kadees for 2 or 3 rail operation now.
Well, I ready to accept my Razzy Award. This is my first attempt at paiinting the ties. I got them WAY too dark. thinking about using light tan and a touch of brown instead of brown with a touch of black. I don't know how you guys with the large layouts do it!!! I am sure I am missing the boat here and there is a faster way to do this.