ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I don't know. I've never used any of them. I received them in the mail a few days ago. It seems that they are very light and will have to be weighted. That Parlor car weighs only 3.1 ounces and the NMRA rp says it should be 7 ounces.
Hey, hey, hey! It's the weekend again! And with that, my favorite thread....
I have been waiting for some windows to arrive at my LHS to work on the main part of the Logging pike engine house I am building, so in the meantime I put together the small workshop that will be a room off the side of the engine house. Walls are made icluding the 2' x 4' studs on the walls:
Walls have been assembled on the base and painted dark gray, windows and doors (Grandtline) added:
New little brick pump house that I finished today. Walls are N-Scale Architect O scale brick, it is layered on the cornice and base to get the "ornate" look of the 1900's. Individual wood shingles on the roof. Door is a modified Grant Line piece which is shown partly open with hinges/latch and handles added.
Here's one of two Athearn tank cars I received recently. ATSF 100801. It still has it's horn hook couplers and weighs only 2 ounces. An additional 2 ounces must be added before I even consider running it on my layout.
In case you missed it, three of my buildings are in the March 2010 issue of Model Railroad Craftsman. Both of the Como buildings pictured on page 60 along with the credited Linn Creek Coal Co on page 63 are pieces that I built in 2008 for clients.