Weekly Photo Fun 2-5/2-11

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


There are too many excellent examples of modelling and imagery to mention at this stage....you know who you are. :)

Dropping off new wheelsets. I have raised the camera so that the water accumulated in the pit during the past rain fall can be seen.

IMG_6613csharadj.png


-Crandell
 
Thanks for the good words.

Crandell, I am going to add a top layer of either clear Envirotex or acrylic gloss medium and rough it up as it sets to simulate the river flowing. Not having used the acrylic gloss before I will do a test run on some scrap first. If it sets fairly fast I'll go with that instead of babysitting a thin layer of Envirotex for 4 or so hours until it will keep the peaks and not level itself back out. Then it will be on to the usual grass and weeds along the banks and hill sides.

Carl, as a boy growing up near the Charles River in Boston I naturally thought all waterways contained old house radiators and barrels and tires so I wanted to keep that memory alive. :D The Charles used to be so bad even the fish came up for air.

More pics to follow as I progress.
 


Carl, as a boy growing up near the Charles River in Boston I naturally thought all waterways contained old house radiators and barrels and tires so I wanted to keep that memory alive. :D The Charles used to be so bad even the fish came up for air.

LOL :D Poor fish.
 
Nice pics everyone....Grampy...You just blow me away..!!:D


Getting its thirst slaked after a long day in the NM desert.....

DSCF0962R.jpg
 
Way to go, Zak. You're on your own now and doing very well. Nice modelling and a great backdrop. :D

Steamfreak, your photo is wonderful...hugely believable! :)

-Crandell
 
Thanks for the comments...

Crandell...I think that's the best pic I've taken....
NYC...No, that's an Atlas turntable that I sunk and put a bridge on. Now that baby is noisy...!!
 
Wow, the quality of photos this weekend is amazing. Every post I see is making me say wow! I think I need to do some more work before I post anything.:o Very inspirational guys.:cool:
 


Boy....everyone has thrown some fantastic looking pictures up!!! You all are doing some really superb work!!!

Here is a couple from me for this week.

Pilar Valley Railway #3079 a patched out unit from the L&N is departing Mountain View on it way eastbound. The trailing unit is Pilar Valley #3850 a rebuilt SD70 with a Spartan Cab.
DSCF4645.jpg


DSCF4647.jpg


A couple shot of Wisconsin Central SW1500 #1562 working the yards in Mountain View.
DSCF4767.jpg

DSCF4761.jpg

DSCF4762.jpg
 
That's a great looking switcher Jeffrey. Nice addition to your collection for sure.

Kenny- Looks like that patched unit has had a busy life. Looks good.
 
Awesome work guys!

So I used up 6 sick hours today to get to the swap meet... I think I have my deal of the year already!

$25, new in sealed box, Superior Paper Mill from Walthers. I also got the rotary dumper, though I've already placed that on eBay, I plan to keep the mill.
 


$25 Josh....that's the deal of a century for new sealed in the box. Nice find!!
Sure is! I love the swap meets, sometimes. ;)

I took some photos of my newly "complete" Kibri crane, but I need to re-shoot that with a backdrop for better focus, photos Monday, along with photos of the Airfix ship, and new trucks from today...
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top