Weekly Photo Fun 1/15 - 1/21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


P1200382.jpg
 
Josh, that looks like an interesting kit to put together. I did one of the USS Constitution in my younger days, and all the rigging and sails made me appreciate how easy it was to detail a locomotive by comparision. :)
Yeah, figured it'd broaden my horizons and give me ideas towards future work.

I've got that same kit, only mine was labeled as a pirate ship. Just dug it out of my parent's garage after about ten years, now it's waiting for some spare time
Nice! It's a fun kit to build, though I have some warped parts.

It's coming togeather slowly. I need to figure out what the Humbrol colors coincide with so I can pick up the colors I need.
 
Oh, so are we showing ships now? I've got one to show. It's the Glencoe re-issue of the ancient ITC kit of J. P. Morgan's Corsair II.
I'm very proud of this one. First, NiIck D'argento who is the owner of Glencoe models told me it came out better than his own (Which is on the box) Second my wife actually let me mount and display it on or bedroom wall provided I built a case for it. Which I of course did. It's the only model I have displayed on the first floor of our house.

Josh - I built the Revel version of the Bounty many years ago, good luck with yours.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top