Weekly Photo Fun 1/15 - 1/21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I dont think so... they are a special kind of wheel just for commuter equipment...

The whole truck might be replaced for a "free-lance" project...
 
Finished shots of the "derelict" Fine Scale Miniatures engine house. Original roof which was crushed was cardstock with some large stripwood bracing. I replaced it with rafters many of which show damage along with some nailer strips and a few shingles. Many more pieces of this roof lie about on the ground both inside and outside. The smoke vent tops were from the Fine Scale, I added the lower bonnets. If you look close the building actually leans toward the rear, hence the bracing on that end.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


An Athearn Genesis covered hopper that I got FREE in an Athearn Warbonnet Express set a couple of years back.


P1170372.jpg
 
Great monument Jeffrey.
Those two batteries lurking in the background look threatening though.....:p
Yeah, well, they're gone now. They must have moved on during the night. Actually, I was in the process of clearing some junk off the layout when that photo was taken. I didn't notice the batteries until after it was posted.
 
Yeah, well, they're gone now. They must have moved on during the night. Actually, I was in the process of clearing some junk off the layout when that photo was taken. I didn't notice the batteries until after it was posted.

Hmmm, probably terrorists. Members of the "D" cell. :rolleyes:

OK, I'll shut up and go away........
 


Matt, even your models of junk look great. I think it's harder to do a convincing model of an abandoned structure than a complete one.

Jeffrey, nice covered hopper and nice monument. I never even noticed the batterries but I did wonder about that roll of wire to the left. Maybe you do have little terrorists on your layout making IED's. That would explain a lot of derailments. :D
 
Some finished shots of some HO pieces heading down to the Galveston club tomorrow.

First two are of the Walthers car float that I back dated. Entire piece is planked with scale lumber. Also added the large truss rods with turnbuckles. Track was replaced with code 70 rail.

Next up is a Tichy oil tank, built stock except for the piping at the front. Used the spiral stair option on the kit.

Last is the Blair Line country store. Again built stock with the addition of the wood walkway and some details.

The buildings in the background are also part of this order (except for the yellow O scale pieces on the left).
 
Matt, that rail barge job came out amazingly well. Sure looks different from the original with the planked deck.

Garry, good job on the lighting. Assuming you still have accces to the inside of the strucutes, you might want to use some electrical tape to black off some of the winodws so the whole building doesn't looked lit at once. Some cardstock cut to fit some to the windows as shades helps break up the lighting pattern as well.

Josh, that looks like an interesting kit to put together. I did one of the USS Constitution in my younger days, and all the rigging and sails made me appreciate how easy it was to detail a locomotive by comparision. :)
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top