ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
UP, what exactly does a diorama consist of? I've never heard or made one before?
UP, what exactly does a diorama consist of? I've never heard or made one before?
A diorama is a wide ranging thing. Technically, by the "definition" our full sized layouts are still dioramas. However, in our terms, it usually is used when referring to small sections. Sometimes 1'x2', basicaly a sceniced display/photo stand. It can be any size you choose, and does not necessarily have to be designed to use in a layout later, though it can be.
Basically, just place a track on a small board, or some foam, then scenic it, and its a diorama, that you can take pictures of your trains on.
Two new boxcars & a little Christmas spirit from my layout...
Love your tree Josh , Kinda reminds me of Charlie Brown Christmas !! Rolling stock looks good along with your depot .
Love your tree Josh , Kinda reminds me of Charlie Brown Christmas !!
Oh yeah.......ditto for me.

LOL, I was thinking Charlie Brown Christmas tree too.

Still, it looks very festive and I like it. Nice freight cars too, Josh. NYSW, Josh gave you a good explanation of a diorama. It's basically a small section of track and scenery to display your trains rather than just lining them up on a table. Since you said in another post you've found a 4x4 section of door to start using, you'll just have a larger diorama...and then a layout...and then an empire.

Lol, I never though of that! I wonder if there's a Charlie Brown figure in HO scale.
That tree, is actually 7 years old, on original AA batteries, though its been stored for a few years now.
i know the weekend is over and all but i just had to post my fun today. I know someone said to make a diorama and bring it outside for the natural light. well it was cold and raining so i just stayed indoors and made a ghetto diorama.
The beautifull mountains of little ferry bring this scene to life as the former PRR 250 ton crane tries to lift the dash 9 off the ties and back onto the rail. Thanks to a new engineer with 0 hours behind the throttle this happened.
nother shot also showing the who's on first railway maintainance tracks and KITTYSAURUS roaming the grounds.
and the lineup of my loco's that will be growing by weeks end, possibly double in size
all possible with me actually going out and buying brand new flex track, switches and curved sections and still having a functional tyco power pack which will be replaced down the road with a NCE dcc system.
Huge fleet of loco's! and a good start for the future background!!
Last weekend something new( to me!)...: made some, I tried, Larix trees...
It's a start...
Writing again: can't get enough of these kinds of threads( WPF)

Thanks guys!
Jos
Josh all your need is Pigpens blanket and it's compelet Lol. NYSW looks like a nice fleet and start for you diarama . Jos always a master at growing trees .
Josh all your need is Pigpens blanket and it's compelet Lol. NYSW looks like a nice fleet and start for you diarama . Jos always a master at growing trees .
growing tree's huh

may need to send some here if the fiancee says "do you really need that $150 NCE cab thingy?"
Thats why I stay single... lol
My wife learned a long time ago, that as long as I take care of all the essentials, I'll get what I need/want within limits I impose.

Heck I got married so I could afford MORE trains.

Heck I got married so I could afford MORE trains.
it better be that way, she makes twice as much as i do.
Heck I tell my wife I don't smoke .sometimes have my Tennesee sipping stuff . and don't chase wild women so I can have buy my trains.
I remind my wife how much a new Bass Boat with all the extras would cost, if I were still fishing all the time (and that she always knows where to find me

).
Great weekend photos everyone. Sorry to be so late in getting over here.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)