Weekend Photo Fun Jan 25-26-27

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Carl, where and what is that railroad? I'm amazed that the EPA or someone isn't raising a stink about removing all the derailment debris. I would think they would be worth removing for rebuilding or at least the scrap value.

Jim, they are located a few miles West of Cedar Falls, IA. The line currently covers the northern routes for the Iowa Northern (IANR) but, the markings on the end of the cars are IMRL which I am not sure of. Sides of the cars have about 8 inches of snow on them so I couldn't get any info from there either.

They are tucked away where very, very, few people would ever see them. The few people that I have asked about the cars have had no idea that they were even there.
 
Springfield show

1 From the "Central New York Modelers of Distinction". It's based on the scenery of the Adirondacks, built by a 17-year-old boy and his dad.
2 Someone modeling Ireland?
3 & 4 Two pictures of a G-scale rail-mounted excavator. Yours for $1800 if you get a good price, and I hope all the mechanism goes around!
 
Ron What is Whippany doing with all those passenger cars ? Do they collect them just to keep and restore or do they plan on using them ?
 


My neighbor brought over his MDC RS-3 so I could photograph it on the layout. I like that Black Widow paint job.

P1010014-2.jpg


I now have lights in my south engine house. I used six Life-Like mini bulbs with adhesive bases and wired thel all together into a single parallel circuit.

P1010021-2.jpg
 
Ron What is Whippany doing with all those passenger cars ? Do they collect them just to keep and restore or do they plan on using them ?

Whippany stores them for the M&E (morristown & erie). I know they keep them while restoring others for passenger excursions and also there maine & eastern service. Those cars on the left, ex. NJT Comet I's, exx EL comet I's are now owned by whippany/m&e and have had the njt markings removed and have a very cool EL markings applied.

Myowngod, i'll have to check out that shop in Denville.
 
Jim, they are located a few miles West of Cedar Falls, IA. The line currently covers the northern routes for the Iowa Northern (IANR) but, the markings on the end of the cars are IMRL which I am not sure of. Sides of the cars have about 8 inches of snow on them so I couldn't get any info from there either.

They are tucked away where very, very, few people would ever see them. The few people that I have asked about the cars have had no idea that they were even there.


http://www.railfan.ca/marks/IMRL.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I&M_Rail_Link

Rotor
 


I've been doing some work on some of my structure lighting. I got the south-west engine house lit up Saturday.

IMAGE1015.jpg


Yesterday I put in two billboards (still have to change the pics on them) and got them lit.

IMAGE1011.jpg


IMAGE101.jpg


And last night I installed lights in the Ace Hardware and Jimmy's Barbershop building. They already one cheap bulb each, which I removed and replaced with Life-Like stick-on bulb, one per floor.

IMAG0001-9.jpg
 
Thanks NYW I'm always interested in passenger cars. We have the car Theodore Roosevelt rode to Washington when he became President in one of the local museums. I also have to take a few pics. of an abandoned one that is very close to my home. Jeffrey I like the lights on your layout and that switcher is very nice looking !!!
 
Here's what I've been working on. The roundhouse for my Dad's layout. It's the Walther's Modern Roundhouse with one add on stall kit.

To keep the wall tight up against the floor base, I taped a strip of 1/4" styrene to my workbench at the same angle as the floor. I glued the wall and base together and then wedged it in between the back of my bench and the styrene. It worked great, and also kept the wall perpendicular to the floor. Quick and easy... I like it.
View attachment 8483

Here's a nice shot of the side door and wall details on this kit. I like the looks of the kit for a decent price.
View attachment 8484

Here's the other outside wall waiting for the bench to clear so it can be glued on.
View attachment 8485

This is a shot of the rear walls. I haven't glued these on yet, because I want to install details and lighting to the interior. With those out of the way it should be a lot easier.
View attachment 8486
 
Last edited by a moderator:


RON! Open up those service doors on the side of the roundhouse by simply snapping them in half where the door seam is, then glue them open, and add a smidge of interior detail for added interest. It really does look nice!

Jeffery, Why change the billboards?

You also might want to add some interior detail to those engine houses if you're going to light them up like that.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top