Weekend Photo fun (first of 2008) 04-06 Jan

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Been a slow week at the Aurora & Portland. Just a couple of engines made it to the paint shop.

100_1346.jpg


The building crew on the other hand has put up this 200 X 70 foot monster. Hopefully next week the roofing crew will get the roof on it.

100_1343.jpg

DAMMMMM!! Is that building scratch built?
 
I guess the two SW 1500's spells the beginning of the end for the 70 tonners. :(

From thier website, I don't think they plan on not running the 70 tonners anytime soon.

From the M&ET website:
While the GE-70 tonners have served us very well, our business has evolved making the job of the 70-tonners challenging. Early in 2005, we commenced our search for locomotives that could better suit our current power needs. In November of 2006 we purchased two SW-1500's to complement our existing fleet.

My guess is that they will continue to use the 70 tonners till they cannot handle the needs. I'm hoping that they will keep the units till the bitter end.

-Smoke
 


NYSW 45,

It's not scratchbuilt, just kitbashed. It's 2 of Pikestuff "The Shops" building combined. I have a few others to add to it before it's done.
 
Whew don't say it that way, remember CN's "bitter end" on the SD45 era.:mad:
Your right, that didn't sound right. Let's say this:
I hope the 70 tonners are around till it is either impossible to repair them or till they have become "obsolete" to the M&ET
 
It's not scratchbuilt, just kitbashed. It's 2 of Pikestuff "The Shops" building combined. I have a few others to add to it before it's done.

That's a pretty big building, did you have to add and reinforcment ot the interior?
 
CNR Glen,

I took the 2 extra building ends and used them as support in the middle. Here's a picture of the interior so far.

100_1347.jpg


100_1348.jpg
 
Here's a new paint project I've been working on between trying to do the NP Dash 8 & two more BNSF Dash 9's.
 


Sorry, George. I was so involved in doing the work that I never thought about recording the steps. I will tell you that the water was created with Envirotex, both the liquid and paste.
The rocks were either hand carved, or molded, or combination of all. That whole scene of the gorge, bridges, and etc. took all of summer before last. I still need to complete the area to the right and left:o .:D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My latest project. Any bets on how long the L&N paint job lasts?


About as long as it takes to say "pass me the paint brush" ??? :D

John
RJR
Just about right. The roadname was apparently hot stamped on, resulting in a raised edge on the letters. They'll have to be stripped. Some nail polish remover and some elbow grease will take care of that. Beats me why they used such an old printing method. The rest can be painted over.

Here's a pic for today.

P1010009-4.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top