Weekend Photo fun (first of 2008) 04-06 Jan

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Jim,
Thanks for the tip I'll try to figure that one out. I bought the Camera second hand and didn't get the manual with it so I'm going to stop by a camaera shop that could tell me what all the fuctions do.
BTW the Loco is an FA-1 not a PA, I guess the shot makes it seem longer than it really is?
 
RJR Staturday

Got a bit more adventurous today and modified the station lampost idea to make some triple headed yard lighting.

S7003031.jpg


lightconstruction5.jpg



S7003026.jpg


I also fiited the station name boards onto the lamposts and a couple of posters on the walls
S7003034.jpg


As Steve B commented the standard of the exhibits today was very high. The layout he has posted pics of first with the overhead wires was excellent. I stood and watched for 30 mis and didnt see the same train pass twice !

Didnt quite have as much to bring home. Just a landrover for the police down the subway
S7003039.jpg


John
RJR
 
Does anyone know why those switchers of Smoke's have chevrons painted all over them? Is this some sort of decoration.

Nice pictures everyone btw.
 


Jeffery W: your getting pretty good with that camera!!! ike the night shots.

soon i'll have some worthy pics (i posted some of the remoldeling pics of the basement in the coffee shop if anyones interested) at the rate the remolding is going it will be too nice outside to do any modeling!!!!!!!

great work every one

PS: Are those LED christmas lights available in the USA? are they electric or battery powered? thanks for the input!
Ryan
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Lousy pix I'll post here too. Couldn't get a good focus on the street signs. This is what I've been doing lately, street signs on every corner of town.
stsign2.png

stsign.png
 


Posted this photo on another forum, in their black and white theme of the month:

VIAF40PH-2.png


It's an HO scale VIA Rail F40PH-2 by Model Power (I think) that I extensively kitbashed and detailed many years ago because that's all there was available at the time.

Posed in front of the real local VIA station, which is no longer in use as we lost our passenger trains quite a few years ago.
 
Great work as usual folks!

I've been doing some more scenery in what little spare time I have had. This is in the area continuing around the bend from Hopewell Junction toward Bare Mountain (an aptly named logging camp.... And if you were from around these parts you would know the counterpart "Bare Hill" from a Seneca Legend).

First shot shows the Plaster cloth finally covering the hilltop. This is loosely patterned after the Endless Mountains of the Southern Tier of NY and Upper Tier of PA. There will be a farm on the top of the hill.

TheHills05w.png


The basic Soil paint added:

TheHills07w.png


And finally, with the stone face stained and the beginning of the tree line. I hope I remember my 8th. Grade Art class and the concept of perspective as this develops.....

TheHills08w.png


Oh, remember the old Kindergarten song, "The Bear Went Over the Mountain? Well so did I (Being chased by the bear.....) So here is the "Other Side of the Mountain....

TheHills01w.png
 
Great shots everyone, Steve nice photos and video of the show , John love that triple light , Jerry signs look pretty good ,John P weeds looking good , Bob really nice Black & White Photo,Jeffrey can't wait to see what you do with Loco , Ray nice looking scenery , BTW I'll be down in Alleghanny come Tuesday I'll be staying overnight at the Casino down there.
 
I guess it doesn't hurt to post an older photo since my present work is blah looking wire.:D

Dcp_13231.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Been a slow week at the Aurora & Portland. Just a couple of engines made it to the paint shop.

100_1346.jpg


The building crew on the other hand has put up this 200 X 70 foot monster. Hopefully next week the roofing crew will get the roof on it.

100_1343.jpg
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top