Weekend Photo Fun Feb 1st, 2nd, 3rd and on.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Here's a N-scale Coal Mine I've been working on for a diaorama. The first picture is how it looked after I dug it out of the plaster. Still needs some work but I can make adjustments on the diorama.

coalmine06.jpg


coalmine03.jpg


coalmine04.jpg
 
Where can I learn this technique?

Zak - you could just send a PM to Matt (mtrpls) and he should be able to send you some tips.

UP2CSX - thanks, that is exactly what I was going for. This 40' boxcar is now in MOW service, so it still has a few years of life left.
 


Jim,

I don't mind a bit of nit-picking. I did notice I forgot to do the top of the cab and front of the cab after I had it all sealed up. I'm not having any luck with the fuel tanks. I can't seem to find a weathering scheme that works for me yet. I'll keep trying though.
 


Nice shot Chessie4155. That cab sure gets around, I've seen the same one here in Windsor on my module! :)
 
Evening. This past week-end,while returning from a visit at my Mother's,I decided to do a little railranning. Well,to make a long story short,my scanner detected some train traffic in and around a place called,Coosa Pines. This area,is in East Shelby County,and is located near the town of Childersburg.Anyway,I started looking around for a train,or trains,and well,I soon found at least one. The following photos are from a spot I found next to the track,and just outside a BIG Paper Mill.Although the weather was nasty,I was not disappointed. So,here are my photos.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Carl. I forgot to mention,that unless I am mistaken,I think that railline is actually served by Norfolk Southern. The reason I say this is,because although there is a CSX locomotive on the point,there is a NS Geep behind it. Also,the last few times I've been down there,there was a NS locomotive parked in a small yard,a few miles up the road. But,now that I think about it,NS and CSX,interchange cars out there. Because,I just remembered that,the Southern,and Seaboard Coastline,did interchange cars out there,and still do to a point. William.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
L&N was just wondering . Where is Childersburg located ? Shaun nice work on the crossing signals !
 


Hey Paul. Childersburg Alabama,is located in what's known as East Central Alabama. The town is in Talladega County.It takes about 30 to 45 minutes to get there from Birmingham,going down US 280 Highway.William.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top