Weekend Photo Fun Feb 1st, 2nd, 3rd and on.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
P1010001-41.jpg
 
Here's some weathering I've worked on:
RosterReefer067.jpg


Here's how the reefer I posted the logo for last weekend turned out:
RosterReefer082.jpg


Some other random pics:
rosterreefer029.jpg

rosterreefer027.jpg

RosterReefer086.jpg

rosterreefer093.jpg

rosterreefer096.jpg
 


Great start to the weekend everyone, nice work.

Great shot crossing the bridge Chessie

Shaun, I really dig your DT&I line, looking really sharp.
 
Made it down to the hobby shop this evening to pick up a few things, this would be first official purchase getting into the hobby. Just wanted something to dress up the place a bit as I start to get my layout together. I had seen a C44-9W I believe, in CN colors the other day but was not seeing it tonight so I inquired. It was packed away for the show that the staff is attending this weekend but they took my info and were going to pull it back out for me. Hopefully I'll get a call about that pretty soon. I also saw a couple of covered hoppers that caught my eye. They are Atlas Trainman models and are painted up for the DM&E, they had two different car numbers in stock so I grabbed both of them.

2236202156_ce31b61a59_o.jpg


2236202160_41920f8613_o.jpg



I feel a bit more "official" now that the purchasing has begun. :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jeffrey, good lighting job but you've got to get those floors fixed before OSHA gets you. :)

Chessie, nice bridge and locomotive. I like the low angle of the shot.

Shaun, you stole that yellow house from my layout! :D Nice weathering job on that covered hopper and good work keeping everything straight on that reffer. What did you finally use for your grade crossing control system. I was starting to add crossbucks yesterday and managed to step on one and crush it. :(

Carl, those Trainman cars look really good and the price is right. Unfortunately for you, this first "official" purchase will soon be followed by uncounted others...and you still won't have everything you need. :D
 
I am using the logic rail grade crossing pro controller. It works great and is really easy to install! Thanks for the compliments everyone.
 
Carl, those Trainman cars look really good and the price is right. Unfortunately for you, this first "official" purchase will soon be followed by uncounted others...and you still won't have everything you need. :D

:D You are definitely right there Jim, I was making mental notes on some of the other rolling stock last night as I was going through it all.

"That's nice. That would look good with..." and other such comments to myself. Might need to find a bit more space for a layout...... :rolleyes:
 
Nice start to weekend everyone , Jeffrey nice night shot ,Chessie love that cat crossing the bridge ,Shaun the cars and work look real nice ,Carl looks like your off to a good start !!!!
 
This structure is part of an old Tyco kit I got back in the late seventies. It looks like it's been through several really bad storms.


Tyco-building.jpg
 


Got to share this with you, a ship ran aground in a severe storm the other night, today the dutch salvage crew were put aboard to see what's required to get her afloat, it's a multi deck truck transporter, and all the semi trailers are piled up on one side on all the decks,,, so if they do attempt a re float with the aid of tugs she could turn turtle.
today the wind was gusting upto and over 50 mph at times, and with hail coming down quite painfull as well.
RAF Sea King en route flys past the tram lines
10-08-07013-7.jpg

10-08-07002-9.jpg

10-08-07004-6.jpg

10-08-07005-4.jpg

and a salvage worker about to touch down
10-08-07010-3.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you have quite the exciting time going on across the pond there Steve. That pilot definitely had their work cut out for them with those winds too, nice work.

Great pics and video.
 
That RAF chopper pilot really does know his stuff. I've been lucky enough to be lowered from a helicopter in weather like that a few times and, if you're not a praying man by then, you never will be. :) I suspect that the ship is going to be a total loss. Even if they can refloat it, which is doubtful, I think the damage from all the cargo falling to the port side of the vessel had probably weakened the structutal integrity of the ship. It sure will be interesting to what plan they develop.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's going nowhere fast, They rescued the crew and passengers in total darkness in winds over 70mph while the vessel was listing at 60 degrees, and getting battered by 30+ feet waves
 
im going to try and post up some pics later tonight of the detail work i've been trying to get done on my athearn bb sd40t-2. My cats aren't making it easy on me to get done.
 
Wow Steve quite a salvage job ahead and that helicopter is something . I watched a documentary of some salvagers in Alaska that had to salvage a Cod Fishing vessel that was grounded . It took them two years because it was in such a remote and dangerous location . The smell of the rotted fish was something they said. In US waters all grounded vessels have to be salvaged . They cannot be left on our shores. Probably the same in Great Britain I imagne .
 
Saturday 02 February update

Having recently calmed my magpie bying tendencies I am settling down to a 80's ish sort of era (loosly :D ) So decided my Bachmann 20 sound in green needed an update so I purchased a railfrieght 20 to body swap.

S7003317.jpg


Next step may be to get the chip reblown by Howes ?

I also decided that my new 37057 sound need a minor mod to mark the fact my friends clubbed together to buy it me for my 40th Birthday last week. A close look will show mine is no longer called VIKING

S7003332.jpg


I finally got round to doing something with the wall at the back of the terrace houses, A new fence from Ratio has been erected, I just need some paint and shrubs at the base

S7003348.jpg


Last few shots are of the Viaduct with the Shed door open making the most of the snowy but bright day

S7003326.jpg


S7003310.jpg


S7003344.jpg


John
RJR
 
John, you won't regret the howes re blow, better not call it a blow,,,,, anyway they do a stunning version of the 20, miles better than the bachmann version, the layout is looking fine and dandy now as well, that viaduct is fantastic.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top