ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Gramps, forgot to comment on your fine picture. That bridge over the highway is the perfect spot for railfans to set up their cameras.
John, you could have fooled me. Really nice detail work for O scale.
Jeffery, the beginnings of Frankenengine?
NYW&B, nice shot as usual. I really like the old wagon top boxcar.
Chris, nice critter you have there. The pictures are a touch dark but it looks like you were pushing your camera to the exposure limit.
Rico, looks like progress is being made on the mountain and tunnel. Just wait, though. The scenery detail work will take twice as long as getting the base scenery in.
started to add the athearn details to my NYSW SD70M's. I hate atharn for making it impossible to fit the ditch lights into the holes, then having to small of an opeing to fit 2 sets of wires into and also making impossible to fit the brake cylinders onto teh trucks.
oh and i got a dvd in the mail called, dream, plan, build. I never ordered it but it is a coold DVD about MR and the certain types of trains from the old days.
As always some impressive work here. Grampy your scenes always impress me as does that shot from Crandall! Many, many others that are just fantastic here this week. (My feeble mind just remember whose they are....
I have been working on details in the yard at Hopewell Junction. Looking at some photos of trackage back in the 20s from the Old and Weary (NYO&W) I noticed a lot of weeds and grass growing along the ROW and even between the tracks..... It is starting to look right for the time and place, I hope....
John, I knew I had seen that picture before. Now we know who NYW&B is. A well deserved recognition for an outstanding layout.
Thank you, Gramps, I just wish I had your touch with scenery and photography.
Ray, that yard has just about the right look of creeping decrepitude for the 20's. Imagine what it must have looked like in the 50's, when all the ties had sunk in the mud.
Jeffrey, it is Frankenengine! I think that would look really cool in EMD demonstrator colors.
Ray, I like this style of image, as you must know, and your approach really does credit to your modeling and your layout. A whole new world down there! Nice images!
Hi Ray: You're doing a great job with detailing your yard. The track looks very realistic, I'm sure you've spent a great deal of time on it, and it shows. There is just one little detail that photos tend to reveal. Are those track nails I see? I used track nails, too, but after the track was ballasted, weren't needed. I pulled them all and filled the holes with a tooth pick and Squadron Green Putty. The holes disappeared. Otherwise, excellent work!
With the downturn in the economy as of late, JTEX has been buying up spare switchers lately. Here's the latest acquisition from Uncle Pete. 7 SW1500's of ex-SP heritage.
I have been working solo on a river section at the Club for the past few weeks. This part of the layout is about 10' long where the 3 track mainline runs along a river and into a tunnel. The tunnel portal is made from pink foam and some sanding of the opening. Its not done as I still need to add water and finish off with details. all the rocks ar cast molds from WS. plaster cloth covering with cardboard and wood under the cloth to suppor the hillside.