ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Well, this past week and into the next couple weeks (or however long it takes me) I have been working on decaling 12 Trinity 2-bay cement hoppers for my modern-day New York Central System.
The cars represent former private-owned cars that were purchased by the NYCS, and the reporting marks are now "patched over" and the Central's logo applied to the car.
This is a big project, working on 12 cars simultaneously.
Sneak peek at what the cars will look like:
The cars are still in the glosscote stage, next I gotta weather them and apply Kadees...
Lots of wonderful & great equipment here. If this works, this is my EJ&E coal train on a friends layout. No dubbed in sound, what you hear is us guys in the backround. In the video, you'll see locomotives 656(OMI Brass SD38-3) 667(custom Athearn SD38-2) 701(stock Athearn GP38-2) and 304 (stock Athearn SW-7) pulling 35 mty McKean BN 12 panel 100T coal hoppers. The caboose is a stock Athearn steel cupola, painted and lettered into the EJ&E #504. Hope you enjoy!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpVCgtz9VEs
Yowy! I'm late getting over here to take a look, but so glad I did. You guys have some very good photos for the WPF and I have enjoyed seeing them all.
Keep up the fine work...it keeps me motivated.