Weekend Photo Fun 2-20/2-22

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Cool, thanks Karl. I just got done shooting the BQ23-7's shell with Armor Yellow, and it looks decent. I'll have the BQ23-7 done this week hopefully.

The UP C6044AC looks better! :P Can't wait to finish it up, I'll do the Harbor Mist after I finish the BQ23-7.

Ack! :eek: BQ23-7's :eek: Paint all you want, you can't even drink that puppy cute!! LOL
 
I know its not Armour yellow, looks like floquil reefer yellow to me.
I doubt its reefer yellow. reefer yellow is brighter than the Chessie yellow. Also the Chessie yellow is slightly oranger. The picture below is reefer yellow.

In any case they look nice. I especially like the CSX one.

IMG_2995.jpg
 


My freelance road, the SouthWestern Ontario just finished work on a pair of ex CSX nee CR SD60I's. This is one of their first revenue trips, they have gotten a little more dirty over the past few days ;)
swo3802-fbj-021709a.png

Fred, this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Man those things look SHARP!! I wouldnt mind having a pair or even 3 of them myself :D

BTW, are these pictures taken on your personal layout or at a club? I love the work on the double stacks you did, i consider myself to be an intermodal modeler myself lol and i think you did a great job on them!! I would also like to see some more pics of that intermodal yard in the backround with the container ship, that looks sweet!! Club or yours? Either way where can i see some more pics? :D
 
Well it's past the weekend but it finally quit raining again and the sun came out for some photos. It's pretty much finished, a few more details here and there will be added.

IMG_0102.jpg


IMG_0097.jpg


IMG_0118.jpg
 


I doubt its reefer yellow. reefer yellow is brighter than the Chessie yellow. Also the Chessie yellow is slightly oranger. The picture below is reefer yellow.

In any case they look nice. I especially like the CSX one.

IMG_2995.jpg

that is a sweet looking model. Custom painted and detailed yourself? Which MU hoses are those? I installed a set of a DW 3 hose MU hoses and they dont look as nice as that.
 
A pair of PRR engines pull a mixed load over the Mapleton Bridge near the sand plant on The Bricktown club's layout in Mt. Union, Pa.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
that is a sweet looking model. Custom painted and detailed yourself? Which MU hoses are those? I installed a set of a DW 3 hose MU hoses and they dont look as nice as that.
Yes, custom painted and detailed by me. Those are the stock Kato hoses.
 
Fred, this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Man those things look SHARP!! I wouldnt mind having a pair or even 3 of them myself :D

BTW, are these pictures taken on your personal layout or at a club? I love the work on the double stacks you did, i consider myself to be an intermodal modeler myself lol and i think you did a great job on them!! I would also like to see some more pics of that intermodal yard in the backround with the container ship, that looks sweet!! Club or yours? Either way where can i see some more pics? :D

Club or mine? Both! The container yard is the modular section I built to fit into the Windsor Modular Railroad Club layout. It is 16' long, made of four 4' sections. I've also helped on many of the club owned modules.

I'll gladly post some more pics in the future, but I'm going to be busy all weekend with our local train show and helping to exhibit our layout and club.
 
Club or mine? Both! The container yard is the modular section I built to fit into the Windsor Modular Railroad Club layout. It is 16' long, made of four 4' sections. I've also helped on many of the club owned modules.

I'll gladly post some more pics in the future, but I'm going to be busy all weekend with our local train show and helping to exhibit our layout and club.

SWEET!! I would love to see some more pics when you get a chance to post them :D
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top