WEEKEND PHOTO FUN 19 - 20 - 21 Sept

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Jim the ties in the photos are the remains of where the track used to be (hand laid code 70). They will be left in place as part of an abandoned tunnel. I haven't finished the scenery at that spot. There was an s curve right at that spot on my original plan that was very good at causing derailments............
 
Can anybody ID the brand by the details?

P1010009-1.jpg
 


Day out by the Settle to Carlisle line, here 5690 Leander is the star of the day
pics009.jpg

pics012v2.jpg

pics020v2.jpg

pics021.jpg


One more steam excursion later but it'll be to dark for pic's of LMS 6233

She'll sound good though, no wind at all so the sound will carry for miles :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jeffrey,

I'm guessing Frankenstein - possibly with an AHM or Bachmann base. Based on the dynamic brakes, unless there is a second fan hiding up there that should be a GP40 - but it's on very non-EMD friction bearing C-C trucks, frame and fuel tank - possibly off a Trainmaster or Alco RSC/D (can't see how the spacing works out)?

I'm wondering if the cut-lever is an aftermarket product, as I'm having difficulty equating it with the thick molding of the footboards and the open pilot.
 
Looks to be a 35 Line EMD on a RSC/D chassis as Jeff says. It could very well be a Bachmann or AHM shell.

If it is a 40 line shell, its got an incorrect side sill, so it cannot be an Atlas GP40 shell.
 
Last one,,, now i'm off with the boys to see the last steam special of the day, LMS Pacific no 6233, pity it's pitch black outside, it'll add atmosphere :)
pics010.jpg
 


The body is that of a GP35 from Bachmann's DCC OnBoard line (Conrail 2273 to be exact) and the chassis is that of a RSC unit with modified trucks, probably from Kato.
 
Update on the Preservation Society and their new setup.

Gates have been added to isolate the Heritage sidings from the main line. More weathering on the track.

gates-1.jpg


gates1.jpg


gates2.jpg


gates3.jpg


gates5.jpg


John
RJR
 
Bob, great lighting and composition on that shot. Nice modeling too - I'm a sucker for 44 tonners. :)

John, I like how you always seem to make progress on some little details every week. I wish I could say the same. Does that tank engine have a tender?

Jeffrey, do have a pile of engine parts laying around that you make up these Frenkensteins from or what? You come up with the strangest engines.

Steve, did they hand wax the 5690? I swear, that is the the most shiny steam engine I've ever seen.

Ray, that abandoned line looks really good, especially with the tie plate stains still on the ties.

Crandall, LOL, I guess I don't know too much about the north of the border stuff. Sure is a nice looking job for RTR though.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Are they kit's Jerome, they look great.
Jim you would not believe the time spent polishing these locomotive, they get loads of TLC, probably more than the owners spend on there wife's
John that's great work, any plans to put one of those smoke generators in a diesel, what make are they anyway ??
 


Jim, No the tank engine doesnt have a tender, it just looks that way because a a 2-6-0 has reversed up to it.

Steve i hadt thought about putting a smoke unit in a diesel, they are made by Seuthe and cost about £14 I got ine from DCCsupplies online.

John
RJR
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top