Weekend Photo Fun 12/21/07 to .........

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Scott, nice work so far. I really like that diner and am considering getting one for the road out of town. How hard was it to build? That tar and gravel roof looks like it will come out very realistic. If you want to try something a little different on your next flat roof, try getting some Krylon Make It Stone at your local craft store. You just shake it up and spray it on. This is what it looks like on a couple of my roofs:

RoofDetail3Small.jpg


I like the darker tar look but they have lighter colors too.
 
It wasnt hard, but there was ALOT of cleanup on the peices. Casting Flash, and the edges on some of the peices not bein Square. Ive been using Tenax7.R to put these buildings together and its worked great so far. the quick set time really helps
 
Jeffrey, nice Conrail unit. Too bad they didn't really use silver trucks - it makes that paint scheme look a lot better.
Yeah, I put the silver trucks on to easily tell it apart from nieghbors sons unit which is virtually identical. The only differene is the trucks.
 


All trains this year for me.

BNSF 7747, T55 ES44DC w/ sound/dcc
BNSF 2452, Walthers P2K GP30 w/o sound/dcc
RPS F250, F350 Hi-rail
Atlas F150's

Also included, but not shown:
Athearn 4 bay covered hopper, undec
Walthers Superliner II coach, lounge, & diner, all undec
BLI BlueLine BN SD9 (will be patched then sold [yes the wife knows that])
Walthers Swift, 53' trailer
Walthers Mi-jack intermodal crane
Walthers Single Track Through Trestle bridge
Sergent Engineering EC87 2x five pack
Micromark Plastic sprue shears
Micromark finger drills
Micromark Photo Etch system
Xuron Photo Etch shears
City Classics Rt 22 diner
 
yeah, the edges of some of my walls were not square either. Had to file a bit. I'm thinkin about doing a interior since mine sits @ the front of the layout on mine.. tables wouldnt be hard, but the bar and barstools would be. ANy thoughts?

Hows ur Layout coming btw?
 
I'm planning to do full detailing on all my buildings. I still don't know, but I think I'll end up scratch building some bench seating. Maybe I can cast them with resin to make the process easier.

Slow on the layout, adding plaster cloth to the sides now, which is progressing on a semi good pace.
 


I did up one of those City Classic Rt.22 diners a while back , built booths, lite it up , counter and all inside , the sign(shown lite) is a miller graphics sign that flashes on and off , kinda fun to watch. Roof was lifted a bit at that time.

HPIM0229.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try sometime , and post it , at work now. The roof doesn't lift anymore due to the wiring for the sign. It was tough to get mounted. The interior lights weren't a problem. But as a description Along the front windows are booths built from styrene scraps , the kitchen area is done in Stainless steel with a pass thorugh window to the servers , The counter is also Stainless. Tried to give it that old time look.
 
Sounds like you did a great job - It'll be a good project for me to complete .. getting it to look right will be the hard part for me. I'm VERY Picky
 
Josh, did someone in the family win the lottery or what? That's quite a haul. I was happy with my Bachmann 2-8-0. :)

Jerry, seeing your finished diner gives me hope that it's really worth building. I've been on the fence because of reports of poor quality control and excessive flash but the finished product sure makes it look worth the effort. Fine job and I'm sure the interior looks just as good.
 
It had a few rough area that needed trimming , that's true . But nothing horrible. A bigger challenge was the downtown deco building I completed a while back , cast hydrocal. Now those are rough , although the exterior detail on the downtown deco building are first class.
 
The wife's a giver. So I get plenty for Christmas... She's been buying since mid September.

I'm getting there on the City Classics diner, should have it done tomorrow (in between plaster laying sessions).
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top