Weekend Photo fun 11/12/13 July

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Here are some photos of the current work.

Linn Creek Coal has 59 hours in it right now, still have about 10 more to finish out all the details but all the major work is done. Mojor item left is weathering the structures, which I usually leave to last. Ended up changing out most of the trim on the piece as I did not like the look from the laser cut pieces. Also had to replace about half of the bents as they had parts cut across grain and when they were stained I got some really artistic modern sculptures. Noticed that BTS painted theirs instead of the normal weathered wood look, now I understand why. Since the mine really represents an eastern mine and it is going on a Colorado layout I could not "hide the top of the conveyor shaft in trees" as suggested in the instructions and instead scratchbuilt the mine shaft. Added more lights then the kit had also and have a couple of figures for the piece to give it some more life.

Matt
 


Here are some photos of the current work.

Next up is Como #1 and #2. Number 1 has the roof installed and the client wanted the depot on a flat site. Interior was done on this one in the baggage room with the rest of the interior partitions installed but no details. Como #2 is being built in parrallel for display at Portland and has the site contours for the prototype. It will also have a detailed out baggage room but no other interior.

Then comes the Shawkanah Mill. Loosely based on Pro Patia in Rico its major difference is the tram line is going to start right next to the upper ore house and extend 7' to the left to a lower ore unloading trestle. The main structure which you see is 28" deep 24" wide and 22" tall at this point but will extend to 26" when the tram tower is added. Interior framing is done with a 1/4" plywood box to which everything is added.

Matt
 
OH JOSH!!!!!!!!! LOL I just used an old shell I had up on the shelf. Didn't match it perfect, but got the feel for it. It's off to Colorado to a friend. He saw it and wanted it before it was even done. Did you say Testors silver, or chrome silver??
 
I bet the fire chief is gonna be UPSET when he finds the guys who parked his squad car on top of the station...

Now THAT'S funny!...

I came through Riverdale GA, a few months ago, and the Crispy Creme donut shop had a cop car on the roof! Must have been some kind of promotion, but I laughed all the way to Fayetteville!

I don't know how they got it up there!

Rotor
 
Did you say Testors silver, or chrome silver??
Plain silver. I've been using it for years now to touch up after detailing BNSF Dash 9's.
You can see the difference in color here, only because I hand painted, vice spray.
bnsf8251_06.JPG


That was a quick sale! Wish mine went that well.
 


Jeffrey, I think it's time to vacuum out your A/C unit. It will run much more efficiently if you do. Nice park by the way! I like the worn down dirt areas around the playground equipment.
 
Dang it, I miss one day here and there's way too many pictures to comment on individually. You've all done great work, whether it's just starting a layout or some of the ones further along. Once again, I didn't get down to the layout to take pics. Grrr...this week for sure. :)
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top