Weekend Photo fun 11/12/13 July

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Well folks, I haven't participated in a weekend photo fun in a while. Every one is producing excellent results. My contribution to this weeks fun is a meager, though important step. I have started building my empire! This is the first few days of Romes existence!

I brought this first portion inside to see if I could move it up the stairs without removing the legs. I have six more sections just like this to build. I still have to paint the legs and stain the top portion. Upon seeing the actual dimensions, I immediately changed my track plan. It is much smaller, and much larger than I thought all at the same time.

newlayout009.jpg


This is the train that rumbles past my house once or twice a day. The tracks are a hundred yards from our driveway. I took this picture in March but forgot about it until today. I was driving with one hand and snapping pictures with the other!

newlayout006.png


I hope to share more interesting photos in the future!
 
Well folks, I haven't participated in a weekend photo fun in a while. Every one is producing excellent results. My contribution to this weeks fun is a meager, though important step. I have started building my empire! This is the first few days of Romes existence!

I brought this first portion inside to see if I could move it up the stairs without removing the legs. I have six more sections just like this to build. I still have to paint the legs and stain the top portion. Upon seeing the actual dimensions, I immediately changed my track plan. It is much smaller, and much larger than I thought all at the same time.
...
I hope to share more interesting photos in the future!

Hang in there Corey, we all started with just wood and screws. Looks good! I esp like the color on the ICE locos!
 


Jerome I really like the letter fading on your locos, you should weather alittle on the sides add some smoke under the vents and all
 


Very nice work everyone! Very inspirational. Love seeing the stuff from across the pond too!
 
That's some nice and realistic hardware you have there, Jerome. They look heavy and beefy, and the undercarriage looks like it actually works for a living.

-Crandell
 
Great photos all. This is my favorite thread of the week as well.

The construction equipment is starting to show up at the site by the tracks. The red Boley International sports a new flatbed I scratchbuilt this morning. You can't go wrong with an old Pete, especially with those shiny wheels. One of the workers showed up in a lowered Wiking VW bus with my favorite shade of yellow on it.
const.jpg

That pimped out Pete is the "snizzle", or whatever they say. :D I like the California'd V-Dub bus, too.

Very cool stuff this week, y'all! Awesome!

Rotor
 
And a bit more work done on the diorama this week. Slowly getting there. Still need to grass up the factory tracks some and plant some trees.

100_2505.jpg


100_2507.jpg
 
Nice work Jerome, though you missed some key features.

Nit Pick Alert!
**You used a Santa Fe Gullwing Dash 9, though you should have used a BNSF version. The version photo'd is a Late Dash 9, with staggered grills. Athearn made this version, I have #701. Then there's the case of the cab windows, and the X panels, and the conductor's side electrical cabinet grill's location, the Side frame details... Ect...**

All nit picking aside, very nice weathering. You did well. Did you use ATSF silver to patch the side? Those units were delivered with BNSF text so there should be no patch visible. I've found Testors silver best matches Athearn's (in case you intend to try another at a later time).
 
John
Great layout shots! Love the seagull!

Jeffery
Cool park scene!

GrampysTrains
Great switching shots! Is the stake body truck an Athearn one?

Crandell
Cool shot!

Joe
Nice job on the kit!

Jeffery
Neat night shot!

N1vets333
Nice layout shots!

Phil
Cool paint schemes and great proto shots!

DaveC
Nice locos!

Johnny
Nice looking locos!

Carey
Nice steamer and passenger cars!

Ron
Looking good!

Paul
Neat trucks!

Jeffery
Cool camper!

Corey
Nice progress and proto shots!

Jeffery
Nice sky!

John
Neat B&W!

Jerome
Nice locos and proto shots and diorama!
 
We heard that the B&O was sending a highball through Castle Rock and just had to catch it.

Interchange_2008_05030a.jpg


Interchange_2008_05033a.jpg


Interchange_2008_05035a.jpg


Interchange_2008_05036a.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top