ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Started working on the Raggs to Riches Durango coaling tower this afternoon. Got the pit and mechanical room built. This is a laser cut kit that was reviewed two years ago in RMC, the reviewer took 80 hours to assemble his kit if I remember right. I do not believe that it will take anywhere near that long to assemble.
Also spent an hour working on installing the individual shingles on the Deadwood Smelter and another hour with the sheathing on the SLIM&M's Car Shop.
mdcustom fabulous work as always. You rock!
Jeff who had a mishap with the round up on the dimond?!?!?!?!?
Wow, some great stuff as usual!
I actually took a step back this weekend by dismantling a good portion of the layout. Some modules will be rearranged to be a little less obtrusive (IE: not block the windows), some totally stripped to make way for a new and improved and slightly less complicated version.
Here's a couple pics of the crews tearing up the main just out of the helix, and two more picking up OTM by the Fuerst Matthes Mill. The track leading to the mill will remain.
Next "project" idea for may layout...
Save yourself the headache and get these.
Jeff who had a mishap with the round up on the dimond?!?!?!?!?
When the park was first laid out there wasn't going to be a ball game. The rough area behind the pitcher is where the loco display was and the dirt areas are where the playground equipment was.
When the park was first laid out there wasn't going to be a ball game. The rough area behind the pitcher is where the loco display was and the dirt areas are where the playground equipment was.
I like the dirt kinda looks like human error on the turf! Looks like a round up job gone bad! that happens often when dealing with green grounds keepers! You ought to have a groundskeeper slinking away with a backpack sprayer.LOL's

Some Athearn BB tunnel motors I worked on over the weekend.
Nice work as usual, everyone. Mark, those BMLA models are nice but they won't match the California Seismic Code versions in Josh's photos. You can see that each billboard has a much thicker support pillar and the signs are tied together at the rear framing. The BMLA one would be close enough but it's not an exact match if you really want to make it look like the California model.
Great work again everyone. Here's my work for the week. It's been a BNSF kinda week. I used stock Athearn BB engines for these. They've been patched, detailed and decaled. They need a lot of weathering then windows and wipers. You'll notice units #3418 and #3609 are remote units.
Heh, 3641 has been hanging around kicking cars in our yard here. Along with an SW1500. I still have to get a DCC decoder and lights for my BN 127.
New club member runs his first train!
Hopefully, we have him hooked.
By the way, the retaining wall between the yard and the mainline has featured in these pages.
Nice work as usual, everyone. Mark, those BMLA models are nice but they won't match the California Seismic Code versions in Josh's photos. You can see that each billboard has a much thicker support pillar and the signs are tied together at the rear framing. The BMLA one would be close enough but it's not an exact match if you really want to make it look like the California model.
Jim, oddly enough the BLMA model is based upon a billboard that is common along the I10 freeway out of the LA basin. In fact the photo on their site is from just out side of Palm Springs CA.
The ones I shot just happen to be at a much wider, close to 90 degree angle, due to a 45+ degree turn in the road. The BLMA version is designed more so for a straight road.
The spot I have in mind will be close to the set-up of the BLMA, only about 2 to 2.5 times taller, as the road is elevated to cross the tracks.
Plus scratch building something like that will only take a few days, and is more fun, and I don't want to wait for the BLMA model (though I will buy some when the come out...).
Some of this weeks work. A On30 D&RGW coaling tower from the Raggs to Riches kit, the O scale Deadwood Smelter from scratch and the SLIM&M's Car Shop from scratch (2 shots).
Josh, I don't know how they met seismic with the single tube mount but, if you've seen them, I guess they have. You've gotta love that sign on the BLMA model though. Homes in the "low" 400's and guaranteed "100% bum free". Almost screams "southern California".

Great pictures EVERYONE!!
Jeffery...I really like the rotted blinds in the tower.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)