weekend photo fun 01/08/08

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Paul - thanks for the link. Those and the one above are fantastic!! Had to look hard to make sure the one above is scale not full size!!! Beautiful.
Jon
 
15690006.png

my weathering project completed - minus the wheels of course.

Not bad. That looks almost like mine.

P1010007-22.jpg
 
Cool stuff guys!

Here's my slight progress on the west end of my layout - a little mountain cut, with a river. Weathered up the trestle a bit now, and painted all the rock faces too - needs a lot more trees, and the track is just sitting there for the picture.

2730165188_116f7bc8b5_o.jpg


Kyle
 


Paul, I sure don't have any connections but I do know a couple of people who work for Lucas Films in Marin County. Are you up for relocating? Great shot of the MRL train and the bridge. I hope you include shots like that in your CV - I'd hire you as a model maker in a minute looking at that shot. :)

Kyle, you're coming along nicely with the stream and bridge too. The track will look good coming out of that cut.

Airslide, very close on that RBOX car. You need to work on getting the rust in streaks rather than blobs. It looks likemost of the rus on the right side of the car came from damage so the rust should appear in streaks to match the damage. Nice job on the grafitti though.

Jeffrey, it looks like you're letting that wash accumulate, like the bottom of that gondola. If you use the edge of a paper towel, you can suck the excess off and leave a nice, even coating.

One last shot before leaving for the beach. The farmer's market is in full swing over at the feed mill.

FeedMillMedium.jpg
 
Morning Fellows. This past Sunday evening,I rode over to Norris Yard in Irondale,and while just hangin around,I managed to get off few photos. So without further ado,here is a sample. Enjoy.:cool:. William.
 


Jess: Thanks for the compliment. The square-wire fence started out as part of a black nylon window screen that can be found at any home improvement center. The posts are 1 1/2" satin pins. I painted the screen material with flat light gray acrylic model paint so it looks like galvanized fence wire.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the compliments on the farmer's markets, guys. The kit is the plastic Sunrise Feed Mill from Walthers. I painted it oxide red and then used a brass Dremel wheel (by hand!) to distress the paint. I spent a fair amount of time weathering everything to get away for the plastic look.

Jon, I did the banner in MS Word. Go to Insert, Picture, Word Art. You'll find a whole bunch of styles to print things like signs and banners. Just print and cut it out. I glued some thin sheet styrene to the back of the banner to help hold its shape.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top