Weekend foto fun 16-17-18... Almost time for turkey!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Ok, here are my babies :)

Diesels_2.jpg


Diesels.jpg


And some changes, not much, on my layout

Layout_4sm.jpg


I changed some curves on the left side, will have to fit the top siding, cause I had to move the switch more to the inside, so I can have space to fit the bridge later on. Now I have to start working on the curves on the right side, which I need to take great care of since they will be in the tunnels. I will have to change all the lower curve, since I had problems many times in there, some trains hit the support for the above curve, since they are very close. I will take pictures of it, when I cut the working/emergency hatch on the side.
 
Grande Guy some nice pictures.MaxiTrains Excellen Power you have. If your from Buffalo and someone asks you for directions the first thing you say is "you go down up and there" !!
 
Ron, I like that scene. That's some danged good modeling.

Jim, you need to go to a smaller town like Clanton and then you will find a "Thingamabob" store that has lots of "whatchacallits". BTW: I was transplanted from Hoosierland to Bama while in High School.

Max, great photos. Looks like the morning sun on the stables. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Well shucks and be darn, yu'all come on down, w'll teach ya howta speak.

Great pics everybody. UP2CSX, going to miss to block walls tho. Maxitrains, great shots of power.
Late getting on this week, to many projects going, besides working on layout.
Did get a Atlas lumber yard kit assembled, several shots of it below.
Have a great week everybody, and for those of us in the USA, don't eat to much turkey!
 
UP2CSX: Man, you need to get out and about more often if you believe that, but Alabamians my ask you which "whatchamacallit" or "thingamajig". Oh, I forgot that you live near Auburn country.:D
Whatchamacallit's are good candy bars (hey, whatchamacallit is in my computer's spell checker).

Don't forget "doohickey"! :D
[...]
I've always head doomahickey.

Great weekend guys! Amazing shots from everyone! I hope to join in soon! The purchasing is going well. Got about 50% of the lumber & foam, going to start working tomorrow morning (wife cannot stand the sound of me cutting foam), and hope to have the first few modules togeather by week's end.
 
Anthony
Neat pics!

Fred
Nice progress on the elevator and great looking cars!

Corey
Great shots and great looking buildings!

Jeffery
Nice looking KCS unit!

John
Nice job on the rails and fences!

Maxitrains
Neat night shots!

Smoke
Great looking loco!

Jim
Great shots! I really like the CSX unit running by the buildings!

Jeffery
Nice bumper!

Corey
Great buildings!

Paul
Nice looking switcher!

Selector
Great coming at you shot!

Jim
Great scene with the movers!

Ray
Great looking scene!

John
Nice shots!

Chessie4155
Nice looking L&N unit!

Jerry
Nice trashcans!

Steve B
Cool test car!

Joe
Nice loco! That Wabash scheme is eye catching!

Grande Guy
Nice work!

Ron
Nice layout shots!

Grande Guy
Nice loco!

Chessie4155
Great shot coming out of the tunnel!

Maxitrains
Nice locos!

R.Wilson
Nice lumber company!
 
Finally got some layout time.

Reading_RS3002a.jpg

Atlas RS-3; Reading

Reading_RS3006a.jpg

Atlas RS-3; Reading

Reading_RS3008a.jpg

Athearn 40’ Boxcar; Hoboken Shore RR; owned by a friend

Reading_RS3010a.jpg

Accurail 40’ Double-Door Boxcar; Canadian National.
 
Reading_RS3012a.jpg

Stewart 3-bay Offset Hopper ; Canadian National.

Reading_RS3014a.jpg

Stewart 12 panel 3-Bay Hopper; Pennsylvania

Reading_RS3016a.jpg

Mantua 41’ Heavy Steel Boxcar; Seaborad Air Line

Reading_RS3018a.jpg

Bowser Wagon Top Double Door 40’ Box-car; Ashley Drew & Northern
 
Reading_RS3019a.jpg

Mantua 41’ Heavy Steel Reefer; Northern Pacific

Reading_RS3023a.jpg

Athearn RTR 40’ Steel Reefer; MDT/Lackawanna

Reading_RS3024a.jpg

Athearn RTR 40’ Steel Reefer; MDT/Lackawanna

Reading_RS3026a.jpg

Athearn RTR 40’ Steel Reefer; MDT/New York Central
 
Reading_RS3028a.jpg

Athearn RTR 40’ Steel Reefer; MDT/Illinois Central

Reading_RS3030a.jpg

Athearn RTR 40’ Steel Reefer; MDT/Illinois Central

Reading_RS3033a.jpg

Athearn RTR 40’ Steel Reefer; MDT/New York Central

Reading_RS3034a.jpg

Accurail Outside Truss Wood Boxcar; Undecorated; Rutland; Custom painted and dry transfers.
 


Reading_RS3036a.jpg

Accurail Outside Truss Wood Boxcar; Reading

Reading_RS3038a.jpg

Athearn kit 40’ Wood Boxcar; Undecorated; Lehigh Valley; Custom painted and dry transfers.

Reading_RS3041a.jpg

Athearn kit 40’ Boxcar; Lehigh & New England

Reading_RS3042a.jpg

Athearn kit 40’ Boxcar; Undecorated; Lehigh & New England; Custom painted and decals.
 
Reading_RS3044a.jpg

Athearn kit 40’ Boxcar; Undecorated; Lehigh & New England; Custom painted and decals.

Reading_RS3046a.jpg

Accurail Outside Truss Wood Boxcar; Lehigh & New England

Reading_RS3049a.jpg

Bev-Bel/Athearn 40’ Boxcar; Lehigh & New England
 
Reading_RS3050a.jpg

Bev-Bel/Athearn 50’ gondola; Lehigh & New England

Reading_RS3052a.jpg

Bev-Bel/Athearn 50’ gondola; Lehigh & New England

Reading_RS3054a.jpg

Mantua caboose; Reading
 
Tom, I like the amount of road dirt/grime you put on your models. So many over do it with the cars looking like rust buckets and no dirt. I guess a lot has to do with the era. As a kid in the 50's and 60's, I never saw any badly rusted up cars, just beat up a little and grimy. I do realize that some modern railroads don't keep their cars up like they used to. A shame.
 
Hi all.

Another busy weekend for me.

Well, I got the fascia up, the turnouts glued down, and the Hump Yard switches built, painted and mounted.

prr0009.gif


prr0010.gif


prr0011.gif
 
I agree, Mouse. They look cool all lined up. I don't understand the yellow cables arcing over the tracks. Can you help me out there?

-Crandell
 


I agree, Mouse. They look cool all lined up. I don't understand the yellow cables arcing over the tracks. Can you help me out there?

-Crandell

LOL! I said I have then mounted. I still have about a day's work to connect then to the turnouts and tune them. Eventually, the cables will all be about 1" deep in foam.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top