ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Well someone has to get this started, may as well be me!
The boys down at the mill just got a new toy!
The salesman says it could shave two hours off the workday, the foreman says put a toilet seat in it and it'll save three!
I finally have something worth showing here.... For the most part I have been clearing out the old and relaying sub roadbed in the part of the layout I am rebuilding, but I did get to doing some details on the powerhouse. Any good flat roof must be properly drained, and the smart contractors make sure the roof drains to the outside of the building... So I needed some 1920 style of drainpipes. Decided to use iron pipe similar to what used to be used for household sewer pipes. First I fabricated them from Plastruct tubing and elbows:
Then I weathered them to show a bit of accumulated rust:
They were then CA glued to the sides of the structure:
Before:
After:
Before:
After (notice you can see the stairway from the main floor to the lower level also):
Hey, that guy taking his hat off in GGP's picture--I know him! He works (or tries to evade working) at Saurian Skin Care, "Industrial Products for Beauty":
Well it has been a while since I have been on here. I 've been busy with that for letter word (work) and going to school. So here is a little recap from 7 months ago.
It happens, as the photos below attest. This smashed truck is near one of the roads to one of the coal mines in the Powder River Basin.
This photo with the front wheel of a 300 ton haul truck was taken from inside an SUV when waiting to cross the haul road at a mine in Colorado.
My photo of the week is this mediocre shot from the WGH show in Portland last weekend. If you'd rather look at the ceiling and Scott and Clint's heads I could send you the original. I wish I'd taken time to get a shot with larger depth of field.
Here's our progress on the water and surrounding banks of the Owl Creek and its bridge. One day there will be an occurrence here. (Does anyone know what I am referring to?)
The bridge in the distance is almost 4 inches over the water, the foreground bridge is about 2.5 inches above the water, and the two lines in front are obviously just above the water.
The water is a brownish blue along the edges, but the photo doesn't show it well....will be quite some time before I actually use water effects materials.
Maybe I should call it the Otter Creek instead. Something will happen to the Otter creek as well, but not the same occurrence as the Owl Creek Bridge.