ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I am building a smallish N scale layout. I have added a small lake following Woodland Scenics hints and other info I found on this forum and other places. I used Envirotex for the water. It is working out quite well overall. But, I am curious how to add some texture to simulate waves and ripples. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Yep, WS Water Effects. DJ.
Paint your water surface with a thin layer of gel gloss medium (Wal Mart's craft section, among the acrylic craft paints and glitter), and then turn the applicator on its side and stipple the surface. I use a smallish disposable foam brush.
This is a model and diorama imaged outdoors with a natural background. No photo manipulation besides photo stacking to get depth of focus beteen the train, diorama, and the mountains in the far distance. The river is on the diorama.
This is on my last layout.
I used the Gel Gloss Medium on Selectors recommendation and it worked perfect.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)