ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Hi everyone, I have a Walthers Proto RDC in PRSL and the paint came off in some spots. Is there anyway I can buy a new shell? And did they make a second run of these that fixed this issue? Thanks
Is that link to the 2nd run of the RDC that they released? I heard they fixed the paint issue.
Is that link to the 2nd run of the RDC that they released? I heard they fixed the paint issue.
I actually believe the link is for the third run, with plated sides. There are two numbers available, and they were on sale, when I looked. I have a B&O RDC2 from the very first Lifelike Run, and the paint on that edition was literally flaked silver. My solution was to strip the paint off and repaint with Poly scale stainless Steel, which turned out OK.
Joe
Thanks for the advice, when was the 3rd run released? The one I have now has plated sides also.
Thanks
Does anyone know if the paint peeling problem has been fixed in the latest run.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)