US Postage

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


gabby

Bob Hayes
I know that this has probably been flogged to death but I think I have a problem with them re time to get a parcel to Australia

I placed an order (Klein) on 5 June last I entered the tracking number and it says it left Nashua NH:confused::confused: on 9 June.

Firstly where is that place and also as of today (Saturday 29 June) no parcel.

How long normally does it take.
 
M.B.Klein (modeltrainstuff.com) main store (Didn't know they had one in New Hampshire) is in Cockysville Maryland MD. USPS priority mail international takes 7-14 days to Aus, then AusPost about 4 days to you(w/ends extra). 1st class international (now discontinued) about a month to Aus.

Google the Address in Google maps to locate store.
 
Must be totally different going the other way. I found a 1/87th tree harvester I had been looking all over the states in a shop down there in AUS. I was nervous about ordering it but the price was right so I took the chance. Was very surprised when it showed up at my house 11 days later. I was thinking it would take allot longer than that.
The NH thing may just be a distribution stop for UPS not the store it self.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Must be totally different going the other way. I found a 1/87th tree harvester I had been looking all over the states in a shop down there in AUS. I was nervous about ordering it but the price was right so I took the chance. Was very surprised when it showed up at my house 11 days later. I was thinking it would take allot longer than that.
The NH thing may just be a distribution stop for UPS not the store it self.

The reason for the faster time is Qantas pilots have a lead foot and a tail wind :p.

Seems strange a parcel would bypass Chicago and go north to NH. Although when I was subscribed to MR, sometimes it would have a european postal address on the envelope, weird.
 
I sent two packages a couple months ago. One went to South Africa, the other to Australia. It took the Australian package 2 months to arrive, the South African 2 1/2 months. Both wanted the cheapest (surface) shipping. The South African ended up sending me negative feedback (ebay), thinking that I never sent the package, it turned up 1 week later.
 
Didn't think there was surface shipping anymore. I know it used to be 6 weeks + from the UK.

Stokers experience reminds me of a Pommie (English) sitcom of quite some time ago where the hero (unemployed) was sent to a job by his labor exchange that involved sorting paper files into cardboard boxes for posting to the firms northern and southern offices. There was another bloke doing the same. The hero starts doing as he was told, only to notice the other fellow was just tossing them in randomly. So he queried him. Got a withering look in reply and the statement "Job creation, mate".
 
Bob, I've had 5 orders from MTS (Klein) and on average it has taken 14 days to be in my hot little hands. Just remember, Canberra is down hill from Sydney so I might get mine a day or two quicker than you blokes on the Up hill side from Sydney.:rolleyes:
 
Probably payback for beating them 7 times already in State of Origin. Gonna get worse when we make it 8 :p
 


Here is my latest tracking from USPS Priority Mail International. When it arrives in Syderinery it will show Australia and the time and date in the right hand column.

USPSpriorityTracking001_zps4765aa59.png
 
G'day....My few forays to the USA to buy online have been great in regard to time...Less than two weeks each time..One package with two SD40-2 DCC locos took 10 days to my door.
and I'm down hill from everybody in Tasmania...and out in the sticks....The killer for me is cost.....It's always between $36-55 range...I've used a great place in Adelaide of late called
Orient Express Model Railway Shop...that uses Star Track couriers....THIS IS AN AMAZING SERVICE....I thought Express Post in Australia was good , and it is , but this mob are incredible
It's fully trackable and next day delivery...I bought some stuff a couple of weeks ago , the money cleared overnight, It was picked up late afternoon that day and was delivered next morning at 8am in person to me.....Flabbergasted....Have you emailed MB Klien...and or USPS to see where your order is..?...Usually USPS is really good to track and trace...Hope it comes soon Cheers Rod..
 
Hey tootnkumin,

I wouldn't worry too much, it is probably already in Australia, I'm on the Central Coast of NSW and I order all the time from Klien's, a lot of the time the USPS do not update their website, at the moment I have a parcel showing the same date as yours and it has cleared Chicago, that is the last place that is showing on the tracking site.
It could be held up in customs as you would be aware a lot of people are buying on line these days and things slow down a little, I recon that I will receive mine next week and that you may get yours later this week
 
Bob, I've had 5 orders from MTS (Klein) and on average it has taken 14 days to be in my hot little hands. Just remember, Canberra is down hill from Sydney so I might get mine a day or two quicker than you blokes on the Up hill side from Sydney.:rolleyes:

Steve I just thought it would be quicker than 4 weeks - even allowing for our lazy system IE 2 days from the other side of the world and 2 weeks sometimes from customs in Sydney to here.
 
Hey tootnkumin,

I wouldn't worry too much, it is probably already in Australia, I'm on the Central Coast of NSW and I order all the time from Klien's, a lot of the time the USPS do not update their website, at the moment I have a parcel showing the same date as yours and it has cleared Chicago, that is the last place that is showing on the tracking site.
It could be held up in customs as you would be aware a lot of people are buying on line these days and things slow down a little, I recon that I will receive mine next week and that you may get yours later this week

Mate mine is the same - departed Nashua NH (wherever that is) on the 9th of june. That's the last entry
 


Agreed - then 10

I'm hoping it will be 8 as the wife is from NSW, I'm a Mexican and so I couldn't go for NSW anyway. Living in Canberra would make me a Neutral anyway except I like to see the expression on my wife's face when she see's the final score. Bob, might pay to send an email to USPS like has been suggested as I've never had a parcel take that long even the one I ordered in December only took 12 days.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top