Update of my layout

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


B&M1065

Last stop - North Station
Thought I would post a photo of the work done since my last post. Needless to say, my son is chomping at the bit for me to finish!

trainset.JPG
 


That track plan looks familiar, Woodland Scenics?

Yes. Scenic Ridge kit. Will be making a couple of more changes - like adding another staging line.

Looks good. I sure hope you have some access to those tunnel tracks or really long, skinny arms. :)

There are three access doors. 2 along the back, and one on the left side...have used them a few times already!
 
Hi Mike,
Very nice, by adding a siding or two more it will make it a lot more enjoyabe for you both. It will be interesting to see what you come up with. Now that I've
seen a close-up of the layout I can see several possibilities for sidings or spurs. You could even work in a logging line off the inside elevation with a curve switch by your taller buildings that would cross over the inner track prior to the trestle and run along the hill side as it passes over and behind the the lower tunnel portal and as it climbed higher it could tie into a switch to allow for more of a logging track to be carved out along the hill side going back and possibly even a small passing siding there too!?

Anyway your having fun and your son will be thrilled!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


I'm waiting for more pictures as you get the scenery in. I've see a few of those WS layouts in person and they really look good if done with care...even though your son wants it done yesterday. :)
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top