ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Great looking upgrades to those buses. Do you do the etching yourself, or send it out?
Chicago always claimed it didn't use double deckers due to a low viaduct (Roosevelt Rd)on one the major roads (State Street) into the downtown area. That's been gone a while now but still no double deckers on the CTA but a sight seeing company runs quite a few open top ones around the city. Tourists love spending their time here looking up.
Hi Chris
I do all the design and artwork and then send it out to be etched
Regards
Jim
very nice jim I know I couldn't do that.....
Sure you could.
Maybe not straight away but its just something you learn. Have a go, whats the worst that can happen?
Regards
Jim
Hi All
A few pics of the (externally at least) finished buses then back to the railways
Regards
Jim
Hi All
While I was outside this evening I took a quick shot of one of my buildings. Things always look nice in natural light.
Regards
Jim
You could probably market those busses and make some money.
Hi All
You may have heard me going on about Plasticote Suede textured paint for representing concrete?
Well, heres how it looks up close.
Its not until you weather it that it starts to come alive.
Cheers
Jim
Hey Jim. Im pretty sure I caught your name mentioned in last weeks episode of Model Railcast.
Hi All
A few pics of the (externally at least) finished buses then back to the railways
Regards
Jim
Damn! Those buses look great. Nice work.
Hey Jim. Im pretty sure I caught your name mentioned in last weeks episode of Model Railcast.
Hi Chris
Whats that then?
Jim
Hi All
Time for a quickie project - a simple bus stop! Well it started out that way. Most bus stops have been replaced in recent times however Stourbridge bus station is still on the to do list and has the same type as used in the 80's. Armed with a camera and a tape measure a quick survey was done and after an evening with the soldering iron and some scraps of plastic this was the result
Another evening and just a spot of weathering and its done!
Cheers
Jim
Good work. Add a little graffiti and that could be most of the bus stations I've seen in Washington. It looks dead on with the bus too.

Excellent! Not only great modeling but the simple scrapbox parts is very "Troels Kirk'ish"

Jim - Really like the bus shelter, these are the kind of things I need to find time to make for my layout. Yours look really good!
Thanks Chaps
To draw a line under this one I have now weathered the shelter and painted some of the windows with Revel clear yellow. A simple drinks can on the roof and this one is finished. I must admit its been a great little project!
Cheers
Jim
Thats a great little project. What did you use for the windows? I take it photoshop was used for the ads?
Thanks Chris
The windows are the perspex from a model bus box, I managed to get superglue frosting on some of them so they were coated in Klear floor polish (Futur over there). When this was dry I used revel clear yellow on some of the windows to represent older panes.
HTH
Jim
Jim, you continue to amaze me. I'd say to keep up the good work, but that goes without prompting.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)