ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I am just getting back into the hobby and as I have some Hornby items from the mid 70's I would like to know if it is practical to use some. I am now using Peco track and setting up a DCC system. I will be using Peco point motors but was wondering if I could use my old DC controller to power these motors. the controller is a H & M Clipper 1.5 amp with 16v AC output and 12v DC output. I also have quite a number of Hornby switches (black) which I thought I may be able to use instead of buying new switches. .Any comments woulkd be appreciated
I will be using Peco point motors but was wondering if I could use my old DC controller to power these motors.
Yes. Peco turnout motors are simple twin coil type.
the controller is a H & M Clipper 1.5 amp with 16v AC output and 12v DC output.
Just check the voltage requirements of the Peco motors that you have. I'm guessing they will really like the 16VAC. Peco does however make some "low voltage" coils so check especially carefully in that case.
I also have quite a number of Hornby switches (black) which I thought I may be able to use instead of buying new switches.
Sorry I know nothing about Hornby switches. But an electrical switch is an electrical switch. I don't know why they could not be used.
Thanks for your help hopefully will be able to get some track laid this week and get some action going
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)