Turkey Day Photo Fun

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Ken, you're giving my poverty stricken Prattville & Northern too much credit - that MP1500 is actually a GE 70 Tonner. :) It is an LED. The time exposure makes it look brighter than it really is.

Ray, I hate that when you can never find the source of a fault. Maybe the engine or one of the cars had a wheel just enough in contact with one of those errant pieces of wire and the other rail. At least you got the problems solved and it's a good reminder to all of us to go over the right of way with a magnet. When I was setting up for my Christmas tree shots, I found a staple lying right along side the track that curves through town. No idea how it got there and I've never seen it before. I swear there really are gremlins that carry those kinds of things around and drop them on our layouts. :D
 
Josh, Did I miss something... are you building a layout?
[...]
Todd Templeton
Yes Sir...
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7079

[...]
Josh, that mission style station bulds up into a nice kit with careful work. I think that was one of the first suydam kits I ever built- I'm surprised they are still available.
[...]
eBay is your friend. I've seen quite a few since, both that station, and other kits. Kind of glad I skipped, I prefer plastic.

Jim, no worries - and besides, if anybody mistakes my work for Josh's, that's sort of a compliment in itself!:D
[...]
Josh, that's an interesting number on your UP unit - reminds me of CSX SD40-2 #8888, very easy to remember.
[...]
Ha, shhhh my work is not THAT good, YOUR hopper cars are!:p

As for the number, thats specifically why I pocked it, all one number, though my UP decals are lacking, I had to hack the 6's & 9's from two Microscale Minical sheets, for UP #9400 (I think the 1000's Dash 8, or something...). Still have to do the number boards and stuff like that.
 
Engineer Spike is in trouble again. He was supposed to pick an empty carbon black hopper from the paint plant at 2:00 pm but he was making a little merry last night and decided to make the pickup at 6:00, right in the middle of the tree lighting. He's arguing with Officer Mike about moving all these cars off his right of way. Officer Mike is debating whether or not to taser him :) :

SpikenTroubleAgainMedium.jpg

TASER! TASER! My vote is Officer Mike gives Spike the 3 pronged taser!!!!:D
 


Nice work everyone , Jim great story and pics, Ray good idea with the magnet car . Nysw good looking locos.
 
Thanks, Paul. LOL, Old 97. I think Officer Mike got Spike calmed down before he got the electric discipline but he's getting on Officer Mike's nerves. :)
 
Very busy as usual, but took the time to snap a few pictures.
Great stuff as usual here. Way to go guys!

Cheerio:)


20071126151049_b.JPG


20071126151019_a.JPG



20071126151116_c.JPG


2007112615120_d.JPG
 
Wow, MLW, I can see the weathering team has been at work. :) Some nice looking cars there. What did you use for the foliage between the tracks? That looks really nice too.
 


Hmmm...what are your plans for them???? or...er.....demise....um... u gonna keep em....maybe ummm....lease them out...or maybe sell em? I wonder....ahem cough cough....ahem....I need a moment.....
 
If you're wondering will I sell them, the answer is no. I may consider a trade for a DCC equipped P2K E8 though.

P1010004-13.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top