Tunnel Portals HO

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


merenwenrago

New Member
My first attempt at creating a single tunnel portal for my layout out of styrofoam xps board using a blunt knife :D

sam0831dv.jpg

Shot at 2012-08-31
sam0832.jpg

Shot at 2012-08-31
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Thanks so much I may try get hold of a hot wire knife since it cuts neater :D

With "cutting" mortar lines into things like styrofoam for tunnel portals and such, I've had my best success using the styrofoam that meat is on when bought from the grocery store. It has a "tighter" surface, and when cutting the lines I use a sharp pencil, and a scale ruler to keep things straight.:D
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top