tsunami shutdown sequence on EZ command

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I have the Bachmann EZ command controller and a custom SD 40 with the tsunami AT-1000 sound decoder. it won't do the shutdown sequence. does anyone know how to force it? or what to change to get it shut down when you go to speed step 0? I have it set to not start until SpeedStep one, but it won't shut down.
 
it does but unlike other systems that Sunday kill signal to the decoder, it cuts the entire power to the track. I was wondering if there was a CV to adjust to make it so that when you bring it back to speed step 0 it shuts down the engine. I want to upgrade to Digitrax chief system anyways.... looks like I'll have to wait till then.
 


As you have found out the EZ Command is just a basic, real basic, DCC system. You can hardly do any programming on it outside of the 2 digit addressing. The Chief is the system I have and its great. I would however, recommend that you get a Digitrax PR3 and a soundtrax PTB100. These will be used for programming the sound equipped locos that you have. Also download JMRI with Decoder Pro. This program, (its free), will allow you to program with just a mouse click, and not have to worry about what CV does what. Its all descriptive and easy to understand.
 
As you have found out the EZ Command is just a basic, real basic, DCC system. You can hardly do any programming on it outside of the 2 digit addressing. The Chief is the system I have and its great. I would however, recommend that you get a Digitrax PR3 and a soundtrax PTB100. These will be used for programming the sound equipped locos that you have. Also download JMRI with Decoder Pro. This program, (its free), will allow you to program with just a mouse click, and not have to worry about what CV does what. Its all descriptive and easy to understand.

one step ahead of you already have the PR3! Love it! That and decoder pro 3. Thanks for the info!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top