For over thirty years I've been a code 100 man. First brass then nickel silver. But for a while now I've been wanting to switch over to code 83. I'm particularly interested in the type that comes with it's own roadbed. I mean no more ballasting, this does sound very intriguing.
But then to do this brings up a couple of new set of problems. First, I have absolutely no experience with code 83 whatsoever. Second, which one to get, Atlas True Track or Bachman EZ Track. In choosing, there's a couple of things to consider. Which one is the easiest to work with? What kind of quality is each switches (turnouts)? And then how does each brand of these rate in service compared to code 100 track?
Anyway, I would like to know both the pros and cons about each of these (Atlas's True-Track and Bachmann's EZ Track. I mean, if YOU were to buy either of these, which one would it be and why? Please list both the pros and cons of each. All responses to this will be greatly appreciated by an old school modeler that's trying to break into the new school way of modeling, sort to speak. But then,,,, on the other hand, maybe I should disregard both of these altogether and instead, take a closer look at Kato's Unitrack. Hmmmmmm.
John
But then to do this brings up a couple of new set of problems. First, I have absolutely no experience with code 83 whatsoever. Second, which one to get, Atlas True Track or Bachman EZ Track. In choosing, there's a couple of things to consider. Which one is the easiest to work with? What kind of quality is each switches (turnouts)? And then how does each brand of these rate in service compared to code 100 track?
Anyway, I would like to know both the pros and cons about each of these (Atlas's True-Track and Bachmann's EZ Track. I mean, if YOU were to buy either of these, which one would it be and why? Please list both the pros and cons of each. All responses to this will be greatly appreciated by an old school modeler that's trying to break into the new school way of modeling, sort to speak. But then,,,, on the other hand, maybe I should disregard both of these altogether and instead, take a closer look at Kato's Unitrack. Hmmmmmm.
John
Last edited by a moderator:
