ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Has anyone ordered from trains-tracks.com successfully or unsuccessfully?
I ordered a week ago, they have not shipped yet. And their support email on their website comes back undeliverable.
Any feedback?
so I can cancel my credit card?
I called and got a fedex tracking #, so my stuff is on the way. I let them know their email was not sent when item shipped (as they said it would) and that the support email wasn't working.
I hope they fix it before others order from them.
Don't let your guard down until the items are in your hands. They could have shipped you junk, gave you a fake tracking number, etc.
Let us know how it turns out.
I wouldn't worry too much about a dot-com website being a scam operation selling model trains. One or two may be occasionally slow, cranky, inconsiderate or unorganized, but not likely crooked.
I've been selling to hobby shops, mail-order dealers and website sellers for over 16 years, and I've never received a bad check. Just a few late ones. Only one shop never paid -- due to a bankruptcy. That's a pretty remarkable record of an honest group of business people, overall.
If you were going to expend the effort and pay thousands of dollars to set up a website and hosting server, with all the "shopping cart" and payment hoola-boola, you could sure pick a better target than model train users. It would be much smarter to pick selling fake gold certificates.
The ones to watch out for are some of the people using Craiglist and Ebay - since the effort to set up a false business is a minimal cost. But even they wouldn't last long before being shut down.
Chas.
Websites don't cost very much to set up. Just because they aren't crooked doesn't mean that they won't screw you by accident or refuse to fix their mistakes. There's a whole thread about online stores that suck. (Best Hobby Shops on the Web thread)
I have ordered from traintrack.net, but not from the site you posted.
Ok, I got my items within 7 days, which was good.
However, trains-tracks.com never sent a shipment confirmation & tracking email, like they said they would. I had to call them to get a tracking number (that was the correct tracking #)
They have not charged my credit card yet..hmmmm?
About 4 days after I received my items, they sent shipment confirmation & tracking email, but the tracking number was for another customer (a package going to CA, I am in the northeast).
They seem to have a messed up computer system, but I did get my items in a reasonable amount of time for a good price.
Glad to hear that you received your items. Personally, I'd hold off from ordering from them until they fix their technical issues (I wouldn't want to receive someone else's package!)
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)