Train whistle

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


A friend of mine just told me about and sent me a picture of a train Whistle he salvaged from a locomotive that was being scrapped when he worked a Westinghouse Air Brake in Pensyvalina a number of years ago. Can any body tell me anything about this? I am not sure but he may wish to sell it to someone who would put it on display .
Dave
 


Don't go putting air to it in a confined space. I have a 5 chime diesel horn I put air to in a 14 foot square shop. Bad idea. My friend and I were reading lips for about 20 minutes.
 
Don't go putting air to it in a confined space. I have a 5 chime diesel horn I put air to in a 14 foot square shop. Bad idea. My friend and I were reading lips for about 20 minutes.


My friend said the same thing! He used to put air to it when it was break time in the air brake factory!!
He brought it over today and I have some more info on it-- It was made by Kinsley Mfg.Co. Bridgeport Conn. It shows a mfg. date of May 29 1894.
Hope that helps to identify it a bit.

Dave
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top