Track Plan Advice

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Old Jedi

New Member
My first post. Newbie.

I used Anyrail software, and this is in Kato Unitrack. N scale.

I am trying for a layout that is fun for me and the grandkids. I wanted a couple of main lines for watching em run, and also a small yard for some switching and staging. It is double ended to avoid backing up. The upper level is just that--up on risers.

I am new at this, so I need advice on what I may have left out. especially the small yard.

Thanks in advance..
 
Hello and welcome to the site .

If all you want to do is run 2 trains than you have done a good job but... if you wanted to have some action you have a problem...The first thing I see is that your layout has no way of operating. you have a yard to store freight cars but no were to bring them. Think of how a real RR runs. Freight cars get picked up, sorted at yards along the way and then deliverd and the process continues as the car returns empty. Also dont try to cram track over the whole layout. it will just end up looking like a huge yard. Sometimes its The details beyond the tracks that makes the layout. Leave some room for trees rivers buildings etc...

here is a link that a fellow member has for starting a layout
http://www.chipengelmann.com/trains/Beginner/BeginnersGuide01.html
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top