Tortoise Installations

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


One can only hope but I suspect you'll find more things that need a bunch of work like wiring signals and such. Just when I think I'm done, I find something else that sends me under the layout for a few hours. My problem is Meniere's Disease. It's an inner ear disorder that makes you dizzy, especially when you're changing position and getting up and down a lot. There are times I need to rest for a half hour to get my balance back. The good thing is I can always explain crappy work by being too dizzy to do it right. :)
 
Dan, I find it quite reassuring to hear the Tortoise motor when I flip the switch. And as Rex said, it's not that loud.

Several years ago a few friends of mine and I made the trip to Saluda NC and the Saluda Grade. The turnouts at each end of the grade are electrically powered from Ashville. On the video I made of the day, I have a shot of the turnouts on one end being thrown. FWIW, the Tortise sounds just like this turnout on the video.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top