tooters scooters...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I'm running an 11" minimum radius on my On2 1/2 layout. It can look a little toy-like if I don't keep the speeds really slow.
 
I know what you mean...
although I don't mind the toy look. ;) Most of my powered pieces are very low geared anyways, so slow running will be the rule. Plus the layout will be very small.

Greg
 
Still experimenting with preformed Atlas Flex Track... :)

4d95239a.jpg


After making two 12 inch 180 degree curve tracks, and a 6 inch radius 90 degree, I was able to fabricate a one piece 6 inch radius 180 degree. None of those tracks pictured are pinned down.

A little video of the 15 Ton Mack towing some hot metal ingot buggies...

[youtube]Gn6VrQV5brA[/youtube]
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Thanks, Rico... :)
I've been further refining my track bending process and was able to fabricate a 6inch radius circle of track out of one continuous piece of flex track...

15f20c4a.jpg


04db002c.jpg


Ran the little Mack around a few times just to test it out...
[YOUTUBE]X5yFzgzBNgI[/YOUTUBE]

This is in preparation for building a micro pizza layout. This will be the first layout I've ever built, so I'm going really small to practice developing my scenery skills.

Greg
 
Thanks, Rico... :)
I've been further refining my track bending process and was able to fabricate a 6inch radius circle of track out of one continuous piece of flex track...

15f20c4a.jpg


04db002c.jpg


Ran the little Mack around a few times just to test it out...
[YOUTUBE]X5yFzgzBNgI[/YOUTUBE]

This is in preparation for building a micro pizza layout. This will be the first layout I've ever built, so I'm going really small to practice developing my scenery skills.

Greg
Greg,
With only 1 joiner in that circle your mini train must have a very smooth ride :)
-Art
 


Hmm... two trains going nowhere in a circle hauling nothing.
He's managed to model a government railroad!
 
That's very insightfully humorous observation Rico... :)

It just goes around in a circle and doesn't carry anything... :D
 
Working on this Old Timer blacksmith's car... :)

afbc5b6f.jpg


Got it off of ebay for only 10 bucks. This one won't need to be turned into a scooter, as it's already pretty short. This is just the rough assembly to see how things fit. Lots of little parts need painting before it gets glued.

Greg
 


Watching that train go 'round and 'round got me to thinking. If you never lifted it off the rails, and ran it in the other direction (clockwise), which wheels would eventually exhibit more wear? My old physics professor would be proud of me for even considering this.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top