TMCC from Conventional MTH SOO SD60M

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


gvtfan

Kid with trains
http://www.mth-railking.com/detail.asp?item=20-2044-0

I love how these SOO units look, but Lionel doesn't make one, and I use TMCC on my layout. My question is this: is it possible to install TMCC into this unit, and possibly sound? I don't care about sound too much though...just TMCC. Also, how easily done is it, and where would I get the TMCC "chip" or decoder"?
 
This unit is a Proto 1 shell,so the detail and run is crap compared to todays stuff. ALSO chances that you find it its really rare. What you can do, is either strip all its gutz out,and make it a dummy or buy a PS2 dummy And swap shells. Or just find a Lionel SD60M and custom paint it.
 
Thanks-I'll just forget it then, as I really want top notch detail. However I take it that if I wanted to do it I could, right?
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top