ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Does anyone make them? I've searched through most of the companies and havent found anything. I'm not talking about the "shelf" type, but the passenger type.
Thanks!
What the heck is a Tightlock coupler?
As far as I know it's an H type coupler used for coupling passenger equipment. As for who makes a model version, I haven't a clue. Kadee has a coupler that they call a tightlock, it's a sf-shelf type.
jeffrey-wimberly is correct. Above is a photo of the tightlock from the 1961 Car Builders Cyclopedia. A few more details about it:
The type H was introduced in 1946 and made a requirement on new passenger equipment by letter ballot action in 1952 and effective Jan. 1, 1955. The H tightlock eliminated all coupler contour slack as well as noise and shock due to slack.
Hope that helps a little bit Larry. And thanks for your help Jeffrey.
I heard about some scale tightlocks (rumor mostly), but as far as I remember the only thing close is the quasi-shelf thing from Kadee, that Jeffrey was talking about.
i thought they looked familiar...or at least similar. I saw them for years growing up.
The picture you posted has Desiro couplers on them.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)