The wife's HO Atlas layout...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Lynn,

When the time comes for me to put my servo's in for the turnouts, I will be coming to you for the "how to" wire up red and green lights as you did. If nothing else, I think they'd look neat :)
 


Have completed a little more of the town lighting. You may notice that I have removed two of the nights that I had previously put in. Reducing the number of lights seems to have given a more realistic scene and not as bright as it was.

Img_0926_zpsqlkmdasg.jpg


Img_0929_zpsspgrsz9x.jpg


Img_0931_zpsltgfuoin.jpg



The only street lighting that remains to be done is down the "main street" and in the alley behind what is currently the "Law Offices".
 
Chet,

Thank you ... I am reasonably happy with the outcome and the effect that it has in person. The layout is getting SOOO close to being completed it isn't funny, well completed in terms of nothing more that HAS to be done.

The town area has been a bit of a problem child for me as I really didn't know how I wanted it. Now I have it organized, it only really needs "cleaning up" and not looking like a ghetto :D
 
A layout is never really completed. I thought I was getting close to completion, but will be going back to older parts of the layout and updating and adding details with things I learned over the years of working on it.
 
I can see myself doing that as well, at some point. I think, at times, we go looking for things to do, to change just so as we can keep working on them. That could be one reason why I am now in the process of building an N Scale layout - to keep building and improving without having to change anything on the HO layout, for the time being at any rate.
 
Tony you are doing a great job with the town the elimination of those few street lights really did give the town a more realistic night time look a sort of who is lurking in those shadows type of feeling.
 


You're going to have so many layouts you're going to have to put up another building.

Trust me, for the last 5 or 6 months I have been looking at a place that sells Mobile Home Rooms fairly cheaply for just that purpose. Only reason, so far, that I haven't bought one is I don't really have any where to put it. I should add that while the house is ours, the land is my father in laws and he is a little apprehensive about any additions due to the freaking' property taxes here.

John,

Thank you and I agree whole heartedly with you about the removal of the two lights, it does give a bit of a mysterious feel to the town.
 
Toot'n,

Do they make itsy bitsy little tiny ones? If not, oh well ... such is life.

BUT, I am putting some lighting in the alleys ... at least with them, the residence will see whose shooting at em :D
 
Nice job on the video, Tony; I really liked the thunder.

I have been thinking about taking my digital recorder down to the tracks and get some sounds of bells and horns to use on my videos.

Of coarse, it would be a lot easier to buy an engine with sound!!!!! Maybe I am just looking for an excuse to hang out around the tracks.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top