The Ralston Midland

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Looking real nice.
You're further along then I am on the scenery part of it. One funny thing is my 6 stall roundhouse is in the exact same shape as yours... side walls, center timbers and no roof. LOL.
I like the new shipping building.
 
WOW looks like you have made some nice progress and some good looking modeling!!

One question though, how the heck did that forklift get up there on the ice platform? :D I see stairs on either side of it :eek:

BTW Jim, i think the Ice Platform is the Walthers kit, but dont quote me on it lol


I don't know...I think there was one of the box or something. A even better answer would be the guy that built it thought it looked cool.....
 
Very nice, thanx for the update!
As for the forklift on the upper level just cut a door into the building and "problem" solved.
 
Actually, you'd never see a forklift on an icing platform. The block ice was bought up to the platform by conveyor belts and then another conveyor moved the ice along the platform. Adding the ice to the ice bunkers was strictly hand labor, which is why you have all those guys with big pikes. Still, it looks cool and, if the guy who wanted the ice house also wanted a forklift, what the heck. :)
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top