The PDS&S Maintenance and Repair Railroad.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.




I agree, some good modelling there, but not a lot of railroad it seems.. Are you going to incorporate these modules in to your new layout??
 
Hi Pieter, :)

What a complete atmosphere you created! That old pepper tree at the end of the street at the top of the hill is especially well rendered. I live in an area where they grow, and yours looks exactly like the real ones. Your interiors are impeccably detailed. Are they layout modules, or a stand alone displays? Either way, they're very well done.

Greg
 
Thank you all for your very kind response.
These were part of a railroad I took down 15 years ago. These two modules are all that are left. The theme was a maintenance service railroad. It serviced cars and track for many other companies. I am thinking along the same lines again.
 
Wow I'm loving those interiors, especially the table cloths!
This is HO, right?
Great looking junk scattered around the track and engine house too!
 


Yes this is HO. Is there any other scale? The table cloths and tables came from an old Dyna Model kit. The cafe is scratch but copied from that kit. The hotel, station, saloon, and stable are all scratch built. The rest are kits or kit bashed.
I am kind of fussy about realism. Am very true to the scale. 1 inch = .011, 1 ft.=.132 not .125 or 1/8th. Everything is cut, squared and measured with micrometers, dial indicators and digital calipers. I use Johansen gauge blocks for sizing and measuring. It has to be right to scale or it will not go into my layout. I know I sound fanatic. But how do you model right if you are not to scale?
My wife thinks I am a nut ball because I went out and measured horse poop to make it look right in my barn.
I have a complete wood shop so I can make my own lumber and machine a lot of parts. I have many friends who own machine shops so I can machine metals, plastics for what ever I need. I am a very fortunate man in those respects.

I have looked at a lot of the pictures on this site and feel very lucky and honored to be among people whom I consider to be excellent modelers. You guys do great work and I really enjoy your layouts and pictures. This is a great forum and site.

I just designed and built a coaling station. Not done yet, still have to put railings on the stairs and platforms and weathering. Will show pictures when complete.
In case anyone asks, I use Auto Cad for designing and making glue-up templates.

Thanks again everyone for your positive response.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top