The park project

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Boy Jeffrey you better go get your permits in order !!!!

Dang Skippy!:D The general (Tax Paying)public can be a royal pain if you don't plan correctly, They Want that ball Field jeff! I hate to see and hear the answering machine first thing in the morning:eek: :mad: :rolleyes:
 
The ball field is just a little thing the kids threw together with sand bags for bases and a political sign laid down as home plate. Distances will be compressed but it should have the feeling of a backyard type ball field.
 
The ball field is just a little thing the kids threw together with sand bags for bases and a political sign laid down as home plate. Distances will be compressed but it should have the feeling of a backyard type ball field.

Sadly it ain't like that no more The ball park is a living breath Political Game now:( I know what you mean, I'm not sure what era your going for in your park but modern park is very political. also city, county, and state parks are treated with such contempt and law suits that it's any wonder the government keeps them around! If your going for a modern park 80's on to model it correctly you may want to add restrooms and safty items to be more on target:)
As for compression the T-ball field is very close to a backyard feel!(That's the hotest thing in the park) should fit size wise move the loco to one of the outer edges and put the back stop on the opposit corner! Your park area looks to be more than 2 acres! 400x400 you should be able to get a nice Tball field in it with all the bells and whistle's!

The park Idea you got is great, I might do one in N scale.......:D
 


The park has been rearranged a bit. I moved the loco over to the right side and rearranged the playground equipment and benches near it to make room for the baseball diamond. It's small as ball fields go but the kids are enjoying it at this moment. I'll get photos after the glue dries. I had to cut pieces of foam to plug into the hole left when the loco and it's track were pulled up. Not real easy to do with Styrofoam.
 
Glad to hear about the baseball field going in. That should look great. I don;t think the size of the field should matter. It's more the atmosphere of the game. We all selectively compress everything.

Can't wait to see it!
 
Jeff,

Here's a property appraiser pic of my park! T-ball is the small little field one the far east side! http://maps.pascogov.com/maps/showm...MgIG9mIFNhbiBBbnRvbmlv&iq=0&z=33576&zz=022520 Hope this helps!

If you look close you'll see a practice going on on major field! Glad to here your putting in the field, the HO scale parents will be happy! Remember to rake the clay daily, we don't want it to get like asphalt!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
P1010029-3.jpg


P1010031-2.jpg


I still need more players for the field but it's a start. Today I'll ballast the locos track, again.
 
Great! What's the white thing in front of the loco?
Man....... Parks are a pain to develope and design! I got's to do a model park!
 


Well, I hate to be a party pooper, but I liked the original set up of the park.
It felt like a real park when I saw the pictures. Now it just seems all crammed.
 
Hey Jeffrey,

I thought you were going to just put the diamond in the corner and keep everything else the same. Do you have something else planned for the open area you have now?
 
The open area Press box, back stop, Consession stand(League need's to make money), Restrooms, Basketball court, Small duck pond, Small soccer field, parking lot. There's tons of stuff a general park has and need's.....only the budget will determine what gets put in! I think the park staff could use a full loaded maintance shop...droool!
 
I say Restrooms! Right after people eat some of Grandma's Potato salad at the family picnic people are going to have a real NEED for one! unless your tummy is built like a bear trap and nothing get away!LOL's
 
Well, I hate to be a party pooper, but I liked the original set up of the park.
It felt like a real park when I saw the pictures. Now it just seems all crammed.
My original intention was to have some kids throwing a football around but I couldn't find any. Since baseball requires a diamond, no matter how rough (no pun intended), a reorganization was in order.


I say Restrooms! Right after people eat some of Grandma's Potato salad at the family picnic people are going to have a real NEED for one! unless your tummy is built like a bear trap and nothing get away!LOL's

The restrooms are on the backside of the picnic shelter.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top