The layout

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


lmackattack

old school
here are a few shots of my layout. Its not cleaned or detailed yet and still needs weathering and toughups. A few track work left to fix for the dcc but its on its way.
You will find a lot of diffrent railroads using this track. Someware out in the midwest IL we are making our way towards Chicago. IC coal trains switch at a small coal mine, C&NW local freights to the grain mills. EJ&E passing through to a industry. up top a staging yard to hold the next local move or let the local park for the through freight. down low there is a small siding to allow passing freights. the tunnel enters the wall on the lower level and exits above. In the yard there is a spur to reverse a train if need be...


IMG_0397.png

IMG_0393.png

IMG_0391.png

IMG_0390.png

IMG_0389.png

IMG_0388.png
 


Looks great with a lot of operational potential. If I may make a suggestion, try shooting your photos with room light and longer exposure rather than using flash. It will show off your work better.
 
Josh, yes, it does look like the lights were on but some of those shots were clearly done with a flash. My suggestion still stands.
 
I did use a flash as I was just taking a few quick shots. I dont have overhead lighting and the room is very dim at night. All I have is a lamp in the corner.
that and its messy right now I diddent feel the need to show of my dust LOL

thanks for the kind words
Trent
 
Josh, yes, it does look like the lights were on but some of those shots were clearly done with a flash. My suggestion still stands.
I understand. I think the recommendation would be better suited as, get some brighter lighting, THEN skip the flash... Incandescent lights are not well suited to model railroad, nor any sort of, indoor photography.

I run 3 florescent, and one CFL when I shoot on my module sections here. The 16" florescent's cost about $20 at Wal*Mart, and plug into a normal outlet.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top