The final possibility

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


chrisskidmore

New Member
After playing around with anyrail for longer than my son's patience would bear I can up with this.

View attachment 24536

It's a strange shape attic room - hence the strange board shape - should be viewed from the top and sides.

N Gauge - planned out using Arnold. Any thoughts here regarding which track to use - cost been a major factor - and here in Germany Arnold seems a good buy. (please see my other post re:different part numbers for same parts)

I have two kids who will both want to play therefore I think I can run 3 trains + one shunting at any one time.

The right hand lower extension is not really finalised - just the idea of hills with a train going in and out of tunnels - which I like to see.

Far left and right are two lines which dead-end -> they lead to a lower level (not on the picture).

Comments welcome

cheers
 
Holy smoke that's one ambitious project! Good looking plan though, lots of mainline running for passenger op's. If you go with it be sure to post lots of pics as you go...
Heck with the kids, we'll all come over and run trains! :D
 
The only issue I see would be the grades for that 3rd line making all those loops on the bottom side of the layout. If I'm reading right, some places are 5%:eek:, try to keep them under 3%. Otherwise that looks like a fun layout.:cool:
 
Hi Gents - thanks for the replies - and sorry for my very late one. It's been one of THOSE months!

The bottom right board is not really a "plan" just an impression of what I want to achieve with trains going in and out of mountains ect - so final slopes will be under 3%

Appreciate the comments - lets see if my ability matches my enthusiasm! - I'm planning on starting up some sort of blog - so will post link/piccies on progress.

chris
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top