The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening Guys!

ahg.sized.jpg

Just me taking the Locos for a spin, some of you might have to squint a little... That's OK Ken we understand.

Not much on the go except I've been hard at it and am working on the yard and TT. Almost lost an engine the other day as the speed on the TT motor kind a got away from me. Now I know where NASA got some of their ideas from.

Later all

Fergie
 


Good morning everyone, looks like our spring weather was a teaser, back to snow and cold weather now :(

I get to attend another operating session this weekend, same place as last time, the uber large N scale basement empire. Will try to grab some better shots to post.

Also in the process of upgrading my website, switched to a new provider, they even tossed in a Content Management Application, no more writing code to make a web site, point and type and click. Real slick, even has a web blog, image gallery and even a e-commerce option, hmmm, maybe I can recoup my MR investment ;)
 
Sabrina, I'd appreciate a fresh hot cuppa joe, some OJ and scrambled eggs...

Good morning gang and happy Friday The 13th!

Had to wait until I came into the office to make my first post of the day, I opted not to bring the laptop home yesterday since I didn't have the energy to argue with my teenage daughter when she would surely keep begging me to let her "check her email" on it "just this once...":rolleyes: The repairman is supposed to come to the house at some point during the day, so hopefully everything will be back to normal when I get home...

No new MRR activity to report, been dismantling all of the Christmas infrastructure. For my 7yr-old, this is one of the saddest times of the year - when the Christmas tree comes down.

Steve - I don't envy you one bit, they would have to "do general" on me before I'd ever let them put a light up MY nose....!

Fergmiester said:
http://www.railimages.com/albums/fergusfrancey/ahg.sized.jpg
Just me taking the Locos for a spin,...
Fergie, say it ain't SO...did you really shave off your beard?:eek:

David, are you paying for your Web hosting service? I signed on with trainweb.org back in the summer of 2000 and have been generally happy with the arrangement...except the admin guy sometimes takes forever to reply to my emails. But he's always jacked-up my available server disk space whenever I requested it, no questions asked!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Coffee please Flo, quick!

Fergie, cool pic. :cool:

Steve, Man, I hate to hear of the ongoing sinus problems. :(

Ken, Hope you get the computer blues straightened out. She probably toasted that cap with all these pic downloads... :D

CJ, We're looking forward to seeing everyone at the ARG meet tomorrow!:cool:

Dave, I know what you mean about crappy weather. It was absolutely georgous here yesterday. Today, we woke to a cool rain. At least it's not to cold. :)
 
Good morning, everyone. :) Sunshine and sweater-weather here today. I've made an appointment with myself to go through the Garden Railways back issues to find directions I once saw to make a grade crossing. The poor folks of Arbor Vista have no way to cross the tracks other than stumbling over the ROW. :eek: (How do you weather-proof popsicle sticks? :D)
 
Happy Friday all! I was doing fine until KenL reminded us of the date.:D Time for some lunch Flo.

Fergie: Great shot of you and the TT. How about a larger view? I like the way you weathered the operators shed, but you should have kept your beard for the winter.:D

Steve: Man, I feel for you. Last spring I had a blood vessel break in my sinus and because of being on aspirin therapy, it didn't want to stop pouring blood. They stuffed what they called a nasal tampon up my nose and it felt like it was coming out my brain. DANG, it hurt. Good luck for you on your treatment.

KenL: Sorry about your problem with the Dell. I have had mine for about 3 years without problems, but even the best can break down. The tech will probably replace the whole mother board and you will be good as new.

David: Norton's Internet Security will take care of your kid's computer in a jiffy. However, it is pricey at $40/year. I have had a lot of intrusion and virus attempts, but have never had any make it in. (knock on wood:eek: )

Eric: See you around 10ish tomorrow. Have the coffee ready! Is Flo going to be there to help out?:cool:

Claudia: Grape popsicles should give you a closely colored stick:D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Note to Dave:

Do a Google for "Spybot". There is a free (shareware?) program that searches your computer, identifies the garbage and allows you to delete it.

I'd like to give you more info, but I don't have it. My brother learned about it and downloaded it on my computer. It sure does clean up spyware and other stuff.

Between Spybot and anti-virus software, you should be able to clean up your computer and keep it clean.

Good luck!

Darrell, quiet...for now
 
Evening all,
Rex i had two of the little buggers up my nose, and these had baloons inside for added pain, they put em up and blow em up, not nice, when you swallow it feels like you are swallowing your entire head.:eek:
Fergie i got some R/C servos, i took out the thing that limits the rotation and by passed the electric gizmo, when i feed in the power from 1-2 volt's it turns very slowly indeed, just right for a turntable project;)
 


Hi all,

Well one thing's for sure, if I am to visit here at all this weekend it'll have to be via my laptop; the Dell repairman couldn't come out today, because the replacement motherboard was suppose to have been flown in from Ohio but heavy fog kept all the planes grounded - not Dell's fault obviously. So now we have to wait until Monday. I'm just hoping that I won't be pestered by my 16yr-old to let her use the laptop. If it was my own machine, nada problem - but it's my employer's, and I have a major aversion to risk!

Rex, sorry I went and spoiled your happy mood!;) But it looks like I was the one who wound up on the losing end <LOL>. I, too, use the Norton Internet Security suite - plus the Microsoft AntiSpyware tool. Between those two, I think my home PC has been fairly well protected (except from bad motherboards of course)...

Steve - from what you and Rex are saying, it sounds like sinus med procedures rank up pretty close on the pain scale to passing kidney stones!:eek:

Well, it's almost time for me to head out into that US29 rush hour traffic. I wonder if Mike Wolf [of MTH notoriety] will be among that ocean of automobiles? His company and mine are both in the same town (Columbia, MD). Toodles!
 
KenL, actually the hosting is part of a freeby they gave me, it's part of my old company that I owned last year, doing some freelance work for them, so I figured what the hay;)

As for the infested PC, I am going to let it implode, I warned him, repeatedly, he has all the spyware tools and virus apps, problem is he opens everyhting his pals send him, grabs those pirated MP3's that I think were infected. So I say once his PC is crawling, or just quits, I will wipe the drive, and then lock it down. I use a Mac/Apple with OS X and love the freedom and reassurance of knowing I am the minority on all those pesky bugs :)
 
Thanks for the reminder, David. I have Virus Scan programmed to run on my PC Friday evenings, so if I don't empty the cache first, it seems to run forever. Am I just imagining that?
 
rtraincollector said:
Well Happy Birthday Fergie or did someone tell me wrong?? and what did they say 40 something or was it 60 something LOL

RT

Funny how bad news travels:(

Yeh 5th anniversary of my 39th, Oh Joy:(

Steve: I was able to pick up a geared motor today. 6~12v at 6RPM. And lots of TORQUE. :D

Anyway It has been a good day took the Mountain Bike for a jaunt, re motored the Turntable so the Allegheny doesn't want to do the Vertical take off thing anymore, Cleaned house and enjoyed some quiet time wife my wife and Dad. All in all a good day!

BTW: I think we may see some more activity and guests this weekend as the MR Forum is heating up and the flames are a tad hot!

RT: I'll drop you a line re your LHS

Rex: Thanks But I have to figure a way to weather the whole TT as it is far too black. Never thought I'd be going down the "Weathering Road" so soon in my MR career but it does make a difference.

Ken: Kidney stones!?! I feel the pain Oh how I feel the pain!!!:eek: As a women Doctor once said to me as I lay on my back in the emergency room. "Congradualtions, this is the closest you'll ever come to experiencing labour pains" Oh Joy, Oh Bliss, I feel your pain!

Later All

Fergie
 
Steve B said:
Evening all,

Fergie i got some R/C servos, i took out the thing that limits the rotation and by passed the electric gizmo, when i feed in the power from 1-2 volt's it turns very slowly indeed, just right for a turntable project;)

Sound like what I need Steve, how slow is very slowly?

Ken.
 
Good morning crew,

Just another wet, gloomy January morning here in MD. It appears that conditions across the street have deteriorated to the danger point once again...what a shame! Maybe it's just a collective case of the post-holiday blues?

I'm trying to get motivated to do something on my layout today, it has gotten messy all over again from shuffling things around to stage a few panoramic photos...just stepping into the trainroom causes me to say "Aw geez, where do I start!?" Right now my number-1 dread is the track on my steel mill peninsula, that stuff was leftover from my old layout and I did Something Stupid to clean off the grunge and I may have permanently damaged it :(

BTW, Happy [belated] Birthday Fergie, whatever number you're celebrating. Remember, the formula for calculating "middle age" = [(median age of all Baby-Boomers) + 15yrs]
 
Fergi wasn't lsh its one I've used a couple of times sorry it didn't work but I have gotten some good deals thru him

RT.
P.S. fergi don't feel so bad I'm about to celabrate my 12th aniversary of my 39 birthday begininging of next month (hint day before groundhog day )

RT
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top