IronBeltKen
Lazy Daydreamer
*Egad* Wide-angle photography - what a PAIN...!
Good morning java gang,
Well after hours of setup last night and early this morning, I finally was able to snap off a few dozen panoramic exposures of the 3 favorite structures on my layout. If you read my reply to NZKen above, that's what I was doing most of the time - rearranging those MDF sheets so as to have a sky-blue background behind the blast furnace and the ore bridge (it's nearly impossible to add that in digitally, even with Photoshop). And then I had to try different lighting angles, mostly to avoid glare (my camera seems to have some type of feature that tunes-out glare, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that
). Out of this whole plethora of photos, six of them made the 'final cut'; these are the ones I'm going to print as 8x10's on glossy paper and snail-mail to Dean Freytag, so he can be the very first to see them (his book was what started me on this whole modeling path). Immediately after that I'll post them online.
NZKen, looks like your staging room construction is off to a good start - good luck and keep us posted!
Eric - I see you've found a wonderful new digital toy to play with!
Rex - if you're still contemplating a Garden railroad, I know a guy in FL who's building a G-scale blast furnace!
. . .
Well I'd better start doing what they pay me to do...adios!
Good morning java gang,
Well after hours of setup last night and early this morning, I finally was able to snap off a few dozen panoramic exposures of the 3 favorite structures on my layout. If you read my reply to NZKen above, that's what I was doing most of the time - rearranging those MDF sheets so as to have a sky-blue background behind the blast furnace and the ore bridge (it's nearly impossible to add that in digitally, even with Photoshop). And then I had to try different lighting angles, mostly to avoid glare (my camera seems to have some type of feature that tunes-out glare, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that
NZKen, looks like your staging room construction is off to a good start - good luck and keep us posted!
Eric - I see you've found a wonderful new digital toy to play with!
Rex - if you're still contemplating a Garden railroad, I know a guy in FL who's building a G-scale blast furnace!
. . .
Well I'd better start doing what they pay me to do...adios!
