The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex that's great news about Rusty, it's awful when a pet is crook if only they could speak and say what's wrong!

I'm back from the flu, but I've been head down under the hood on the Toyota putting the new head back in, what a pain in the a...

Just gotta figure how the injectors fit in and change the oil and she should fire *cross fingers*

Had a small change of plans on the layout, I realized I would have to open the gate to get into the staging area every time so I'm planning an extension and small wall removal.

I have Peco track on the way from Tony's but it's probably my last purchase for awhile till our dollar improves My $1 buys 64c US OUCH!!

I spent $341 US and it cost me $533 NZ!!

Oh well I have enough for awhile, I keep a look out locally for a bargain.

It's lunch time Sunday and I'm here on my own so I'm off for a sandwich

Later, Ken.
 
grande man said:
Rex, Just remember one thing, BALD IS BEAUTIFUL! :D

One of these days, I'm gonna pull my hat off right as Carey does and we'll flash blind you. :D

:D Yeah, on an Eagle!
Thanks for the warning about the Flash. Next time we go railfanning, I will carry along my cutting goggles or welding helmet.:D

NZKen: Glad your feeling better and moving on with your layout. Post us some pictures of your progress when you get to that point.

Steve: "Solar panel equipped head"...I like it. Now I know why CJ is charged up all the time.:D:D

Fergie: If you can say, what kind of work will your ship perform when you finally get out to sea?

William: I'll be there and I am looking forward to it. You should have followed CJ's advice and setup a benchwork building session. Heck, we could have framed and ready to move forward by the end of the day.

KenL: Yeah, CJ is a very light hearted (headed) guy.:D

Thanks all for the wonderful thoughts about my Rusty. We try not to get so attached, but after the first year or so it becomes near impossible and they become like our children.
 


Hello everyone,
how's things today
Ken M glad you got rid of the flu, you bought s few turnouts didn't you, i'll have to get quite a few i recon.
Fergie i had to go cook for the animals, sorry children, we were on the slopes all morning with the sledge, it was a tad cold today, it Snowed again so we went out for a while, a nice drive in the country. This is my latest car, an Audi Quattro, it's 21 years old and four wheel drive with two diff locks so it will go anywhere, within reason of course. There are only about 20 or so of this model left in the UK in a roadworthy condition so it's very collectable
132940567.gif
 
Flo, since it's Sunday I don't have to observe my Lenten fasting, so I'll have an extra-large cone of soft ice cream...

Steve, those 4WD vehicles are great in snowy weather aren't they! As long as you remember you can't stop on the snow any quicker than in a conventional vehicle...!

Rex - how about some pictures of Rusty and his 'sibling'?

KeNZ - glad you're over that awful flu, hope you can get that sick car of yours cured so you can resume building your garage empire!

CJ - I guess I'm the culprit that prevented Steve from answering your skype call:o - he was talking with me when he heard your call coming in, guess I didn't let him go quickly enough!
 
Hello gent's, me and Carey got to talk today, nice speaking to you Carey, i can't get the microphone volume at my end to go down, it set's its self automatically,,, the speakers went feedback crazy when i un plugged the headphones, wow.
Ken the thing to remember is when you are desending a slippery slope is don't touch the brakes, maintain a low gear and let the engine do the work and you should be OK, the 5 cylinder Audi engine develops a lot of low down torque which prevents it from racing away on a hill, Nicky almost hit the trailor on the drive today when she found out the snow was very slippery.
 
That's OK Ken. Steve and I had a nice little chat. He's over there playin' in the snow. Didn't have the heart to tell him its 81F here
 
Cjcrescent said:
BTW, how's Rusty this morning???

We had to put Rusty back in the Vet hospital today. He did good last night, but his fever is back and he couldn't stand up. Things don't look good at this point. Doc said there is a strong possibility that he may have a tumor on the pancreas that may be cancer. He will run more test tomorrow.

Sorry that I can't join the Skype fun, but my mind just isn't with it right now. Hope you understand.

KENL: Here is the wife, Carolyn with the Boys.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


RexOur prayers are with both of you, take good care of Rusty, he's a great looking dog.

Well, today was fun i got told at 11 am i had to attend a presentation at noon, when i went i was presented with a certificate for outstanding contribution to health and safety at work, i even got a free dinner.
 
Wow Steve they must have been listening to your ideas, congratulations!
Make sure you take a photo of your meal for CJ.

Ken.
 
No, not just that, as the H&S rep i have been pushing everyone hard to improve how they work, we have a lot of young lad's who think they are super hero's who think nothing of lifting heavy truck brake drums and clutches and springs and so on without any help, they don't realise what damage it does after time. I'm celebrating with a glass of Yates Australian original liqeuer wine, very tasty stuff Ken M will know the stuff i recon

Ken LBTW i lost the link to The Iron Belt do you still have the web site ???

Fergie are you now fully operational with the RC / turnout linkages
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Steve! It must give you a lot of satisfaction to know that management appreciates your work and was listening and watching the results.

Rusty is stable today and the fever is down. The Vet said the new tests show that the liver may be causing the Pancreas to be screwed up. He said it was as if he had got into something toxic. Haven't the slightest idea what it could have been since we have a fenced in back yard and he is in the house half the time, but the good news is he believes he can treat it if he can get Rusty's strength back. Now that there is hope, I can feel some relief.

Spent today on the new extension trying to finish the benchwork. My problem is that after I got all my lumber a week ago, I put my truck in the shop for major brake work and to install some new control lines for the A/C. You guessed it...I am 1 sheet of plywood short:p. CJ, bring that little baby truck over here:D .

Eric: Did that tornado get near your home? Some guy named Dave and from your mountain called James Spann (weatherman) and reported that he was watching a tornado crossing I65. We didn't get anything other than a hard rain. Thank goodness!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Steve B said:
No, not just that, as the H&S rep i have been pushing everyone hard to improve how they work, we have a lot of young lad's who think they are super hero's who think nothing of lifting heavy truck brake drums and clutches and springs and so on without any help, they don't realise what damage it does after time. I'm celebrating with a glass of Yates Australian original liqeuer wine, very tasty stuff Ken M will know the stuff i recon
Back injuries account for approx 40% of work related insurance claims, are hardest to prove and I've seen several people loose appeals because proper documentation wasn't done. Three years ago I was Regional Standards and Inspection Officer (Fleet OSH guy) and I pushed hard to have everyone trained in safe lifting practices but it still is a hard seel even for management when it's to their benift.

As for the Aussie Liquer Echhhh

Give me a good dry Aussie Merlot or Shiraz any day!:D

Fergie are you now fully operational with the RC / turnout linkages

According to the original plan yes, according to plan B no! I'm presently evaluating the possibility of replacing some switch motors for the rods. I'll keep you posted!

Later All

Fergie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top